Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author

<em>@cgc0202 66020 wrote:</em><blockquote>

By the way, Menalto or bigrk, since you are both Super Moderators, we suggested this topic is better suited in the Feedback/Information.
    </blockquote>

Moved as requested 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@mfcphil 66067 wrote:</em><blockquote>Moved as requested :)</blockquote>

Thanks mfcphil, but how come you are not listed as a Moderator and yet be given this power?:)

Cornelio

fowler21 Friend

I really like the new forum overview.

I think JA made a great work here.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@fowler21 66078 wrote:</em><blockquote>I really like the new forum overview.

I think JA made a great work here.</blockquote>

Layout over substance. But, that is what makes this world exciting. Some like it hot, some like them bland.

mfcphil Friend

<em>@cgc0202 66073 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks mfcphil, but how come you are not listed as a Moderator and yet be given this power?:)

Cornelio</blockquote>

I used to have the title to go the the job but things got messed up the last time they did some updates on the Forum…

They have not got round to changing my mod title back yet……don’t mind though, I don’t do half as much as the others.

I mainly try to keep things tidy around here…..getting rid of the naughty spammers, I do help out when and where I can as you may have noticed 😉

cgc0202 Friend

We do what we must. 🙂

TomC Moderator

One of the things I liked was coming onto the site and seeing – right off the bat – which threads had new posts in them. NOW, you have to go through a series of additional clicks to do so. VERY ANNOYING and VERY UNINTUITIVE.

I think you’ll be seeing less and less people posting and helping out do this new and UNimproved layout scheme.

questbg Friend

I only ever use “Quick Links – Subscribed Threads” or “New Posts” so can’t say as I’m bothered either way!

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 66380 wrote:</em><blockquote>One of the things I liked was coming onto the site and seeing – right off the bat – which threads had new posts in them. NOW, you have to go through a series of additional clicks to do so. VERY ANNOYING and VERY UNINTUITIVE.

I think you’ll be seeing less and less people posting and helping out do this new and UNimproved layout scheme.</blockquote>

I cannot agree more. Joomlart should learn from how Supermarkets here in the US entice customers to buy stuff they did not intend to buy, placing all those teaser goods in the store, all the way to the cashier’s. I pity those parents who bring their children and buying stuff even at the last minute.

You have to display your goods, if you want others to view them — same concept here.

Cornelio

jwellman Friend

<em>@questbg 66386 wrote:</em><blockquote>I only ever use “Quick Links – Subscribed Threads” or “New Posts” so can’t say as I’m bothered either way!</blockquote>
    I was like the rest and looked for new folders as a way to navigate. I’m also now clicking the “new posts” area to see new topics. I’m sure there is a way for Hung to make the front page show new posts. He’s probably just missing a button somewhere.

Forum hoppers and forum developers (such as myself 🙂 ) look for the indicators to show new posts. More than likely, those new to forums would have no idea how to use the “new post” link.

mfcphil Friend

This will make no difference because nobody cares if we don’t like it

jwellman Friend

<em>@mfcphil 66411 wrote:</em><blockquote>This will make no difference because nobody cares if we don’t like it</blockquote>
    So I’ve noticed. 🙂 It is their site though. I guess they can do as they please. I run a few active forums and always try to listen to the users. After all, the users are the ones who make the forum. In Joomlart’s case they just want to offer customers a quick reference for having problems versus making the “regulars” a happy home. To them it is more of a business and not a hang out. Make any sense? At least that’s the way I’m perceiving it. Would you like me to build a forum for Joomlart’s home bodies? :laugh:

questbg Friend

<em>@mfcphil 66411 wrote:</em><blockquote>This will make no difference because nobody cares if we don’t like it</blockquote>

A bit like the Templates I suppose 😉

That Father Jack image cracks me up every time I see it! 😀

<em>@jwellman 66415 wrote:</em><blockquote>Would you like me to build a forum for Joomlart’s home bodies? :laugh:</blockquote>

You should talk to Cornelio (see his profile earlier in this thread), we’re moving towards something like that!

anisjolly Friend

to be honest

i’m getting used to the new posts link. I just ignore the main index page for the forum and go straight to that. In fact – it’s helped me help others more than usual.

just needed a little time to get used to it – BUT i still agree with you all. it might be worth consulting the members before making such changes. we help others here whereever we can and it should be easier for us all to help others rather than get lost within the depths ourselves.

but now i’m used to it – so ner!

Hung Dinh Friend

Hey Phil, that is not true. The new layout was totally completed yesterday and I have had to spent sometimes working on templates and extensions which are more important than this new layout. Anyways I ll try to put back to new post summary on the top to see if you feel more familiar to the only ones.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)

This topic contains 54 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Hung Dinh 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum