Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We want to create an extra menu based on the main menu, but with different colors and put it into the left module position.
    Any ideas

uniquebiz Friend

Open your menu manager, Select (tick) the Main Menu, then on right top area select copy
    Give the copied menu a name i tested this with module menu. Give the new MODULE a name I called this one SIDE
    save changes

Open module manager , select SIDE ( or what you called the module) set it to publish at left or right and then you have your duplicated main menu in a module position. Colours? That would probably mean a lot of individual css manipulation if you want a different colour for each item? and beyond the scope of my abilities LOL. However it’s not hard to change the whole menu colour as a complete thing. But I gather that’s not your request
    Blessings Shannon

hank Friend

What we’d like to do is take a copy of the CSS style code to the Joomla standard menu (# ja-container ul.menu) and modify the new style tag, but what Menu Class Suffix should we add or replace to the new menu and what Menu Class Suffix shall we put in the new menu module.

uniquebiz Friend

No idea and seeing you can’t even say thank you for previous help I won’t be investigating either

hank Friend

Hi
    I’m sorry I forgot to say thank you for your post, but once again Thank You

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  hank 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum