Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Pls. see attached, this is where I am trying to add a new module position. Above breadcrumbs, below the three cols (content-mass-bottom, left, and right) but in full width (max possible, same as breadcrumbs i guess).

Already Tried: I can’ t add a new module in the breadcrumbs position and put them above and below each other, it just doesn’t take that.

Already Tried: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-install-a-modul-position-in-rasite/

but doesn’t seem to work in JA Ores.

HELP!! :-[

1. JA-Ores-New-Module-Pos
    magoheer Friend

:-[

Guys, this is really important, and I need to do this ASAP. Please reply!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi you

in the case, please open templates/ja_ores/layouts/blocks/navhelper.php file, add following code to the top of file:

<?php
    $spotlight = array ('user20','user21','user22','user23');
    $content_bottom = $this->calSpotlight ($spotlight, 100);
    if( $content_bottom ) :
    ?>
    <div id="ja-content_bottom" class="wrap">
    <div id="ja-content_bottom-inner1">
    <div class="main clearfix">
    <div class="inner clearfix">

<?php if( $this->countModules('user20') ): ?>
    <div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user20']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user20']['width']; ?>;">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user20" style="JAxhtml" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if( $this->countModules('user21') ): ?>
    <div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user7']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user21']['width']; ?>;">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user21" style="JAxhtml" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user21']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user21']['width']; ?>;">
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if( $this->countModules('user23') ): ?>
    <div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user23']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user23']['width']; ?>;">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user23" style="JAxhtml" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

With this code, you defined user20, user21, user22, user23 positions before breadcrumbs position

Please check again

magoheer Friend

Thanks, but what i want to do is create ONLY one (long) module position that runs the whole width of the template, not four columned user poritions.

How to do that pls.?

Anonymous Moderator

Hi magoheer

i think you can delete other three modules for your idea. Also, with this way, if you only have a module, it will expand to full

Please kindly check again

phoenix04 Friend

Could this code somehow be modified to put a module position right above the search bar at the top right corner of the template?

Any help would be much appreciated!

1. module-position
    Phill Moderator

Of course. The layout is divided into blocks, you jst have to find the relevent area to put the code. If nobody does it and you cannot work it out I will install Ores on my local machine when I get home to test.

phoenix04 Friend

Thank you! That worked. For anyone else trying to do this, the file to edit is layouts/blocks/header.php and the code is:

[PHP]
    <?php if( $this->countModules(‘above_search’) ): ?>
    <div id=”ja-above_search”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”above_search” />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>
    [/PHP]

Then add the css to the template.css if any is required and add the module position to templatedetails.xml

rosa Friend

Hello,

I need to create one new position to the left of the search bar, in the same horizontal bar. Could you, please, explain me how can I do this?

Thanks in advance

ardexus Friend

I tried this solution because I have a similar issue. I’m trying to get a proper grid layout for my home page and am frustrated with the left, right, colmass1, contentmass-top divisions.
    I added the user20, user 21, user22, user23 as suggested and it worked! Thank you!
    Strangely, when picking a module position the choices come up as user21, user22, user23 and user24, and my ?tp=1 view is not showing correctly (which is annoying but doesn’t seem to be breaking my site).

I would like to add another row of 4 spotlight module positions (30, 31, 32, 33?). I tried by simply adding the below block of code to navhelper.php and changing the numbers, but it didn’t work. What am I missing?

<em>@JA Developer 172829 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi you

in the case, please open templates/ja_ores/layouts/blocks/navhelper.php file, add following code to the top of file:

<?php
    $spotlight = array ('user20','user21','user22','user23');
    $content_bottom = $this->calSpotlight ($spotlight, 100);
    if( $content_bottom ) :
    ?>
    <div id="ja-content_bottom" class="wrap">
    <div id="ja-content_bottom-inner1">
    <div class="main clearfix">
    <div class="inner clearfix">

<?php if( $this->countModules('user20') ): ?>
    <div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user20']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user20']['width']; ?>;">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user20" style="JAxhtml" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user7']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user21']['width']; ?>;">
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user21']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user21']['width']; ?>;">
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

<?php if( $this->countModules('user23') ): ?>
    <div class="ja-box column ja-box<?php echo $content_bottom['user23']['class']; ?>" style="width: <?php echo $content_bottom['user23']['width']; ?>;">
    <jdoc:include type="modules" name="user23" style="JAxhtml" />
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

With this code, you defined user20, user21, user22, user23 positions before breadcrumbs position

Please check again</blockquote>

Sherlock Friend

Dear ardexus,

Can you please posting your codes in here ? i think take a look at your codes will help detect the problem.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 13 years, 12 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum