Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

New MyTradesman Reverse Auction Component – clone of mybuilder, servicemagic and ebay

MyTradesman is an online marketplace that brings together consumers, builders and tradesmen. Posting a job and /or creating a tradesman account can be free of fee based, you can set the price as you want. This is extremely configurable. As the owner/admin of the site, you can even set a percentage for you to receive on every closed bid, so you can get a fee, and a percentage of the action. For comparison, as with any freelancer site, the money for the tradesman is put into escrow and released by the buyer, and you can set a transfer fee for that also. The component uses paypal by default, but we can customize it for other payment processors for an additional fee. Check it out here http://made4joomla.com/test15/, register for the site to use. Please do not deface this. Screenshots of back end admin cpanel available on site here.
    http://www.joomlacache.com/commercial-extensions/mytradesman-component-run-a-site-like-mybuilder-or-service-magic.html

it is commercial, and requires a license. but it is open source, not encrypted and does not require ioncube. This is a 1.5 component.

mj1256 Friend

Ok quite simply its a reverse auction component

TomC Moderator

This looks like a very cool component – NICE WORK !! A couple of initial questions/comments . . .

1. How does your “MyTradesman” component differentiate itself from JA-JOB BOARD?

2. Your initial subscription” prices seem a bit short-lived and steeply priced – roughly $600/yr. This is only my constructive feedback, mind you, as a consumer. Not knowing how well your other components have sold, I wonder if your initial price structure might be a bit cost-prohibitive for many/most. Have you ever considered a “club membership” type structure?

Again, VERY NICE WORK on this component !!!

mj1256 Friend

please see the answer below each comment

<em>@tcraw1010 254452 wrote:</em><blockquote>This looks like a very cool component – NICE WORK !! A couple of initial questions/comments . . . </blockquote>

<em>@tcraw1010 254452 wrote:</em><blockquote>1. How does your “MyTradesman” component differentiate itself from JA-JOB BOARD? </blockquote>

its a reverse auction, if your familiar with mybuilder.com, servicemagic.com, etc, you will see. Its also set so that the admin of the site can make revenue in multiple ways, set all the fees, and be in the middle of all the transactions or not. They layout is customizable also.

<em>@tcraw1010 254452 wrote:</em><blockquote>2. Your initial subscription” prices seem a bit short-lived and steeply priced – roughly $600/yr. </blockquote>

WHAT!! where did you get that.
    its a one time payment of 59.99 with a 30 day support subscription. after the 30 days, you just lose support and updates, the component will work forever, no further charges unless you need support or an update again.

or a one time payment for 90 days (3 months) for 149.99, at the end of subscription, you just lose support and updates, component works forever, no further charges unless you need support or an update again.

<em>@tcraw1010 254452 wrote:</em><blockquote>This is only my constructive feedback, mind you, as a consumer. Not knowing how well your other components have sold, I wonder if your initial price structure might be a bit cost-prohibitive for many/most. Have you ever considered a “club membership” type structure? </blockquote>

please let me know where you got the 600.00 figure.

I charge because programmers time for support cost me money, and the initial investment is each component can be 10’s of thousands which i need to recoup. It can take years.

I tried club memberships. I lose money on it and no one bought them, Product specific support subscription work the best for us and our customers.

All the components are completely debugged and work fine, but many of the customers websites are a complete mess which uses up a lot of our time as they have to be debugged before anything, our components or others, can work properly.

please let me know where you got the 600.00 figure.

<em>@tcraw1010 254452 wrote:</em><blockquote>Again, VERY NICE WORK on this component !!!</blockquote>

thank you, did you see the new resume manager component too
    http://www.joomlacache.com/commercial-extensions/jc-resume-component-for-joomla.html

TomC Moderator

<em>@mj1256 254458 wrote:</em><blockquote>please see the answer below each comment . . . .

its a one time payment of 59.99 with a 30 day support subscription. after the 30 days, you just lose support and updates, the component will work forever, no further charges unless you need support or an update again.

or a one time payment for 90 days (3 months) for 149.99, at the end of subscription, you just lose support and updates, component works forever, no further charges unless you need support or an update again. </blockquote>

AHHHHhhh – I apologize for my misunderstanding regarding the pricing. I looked and it said “Amount” followed by “Subscription Period” and I did not equate “subscription” with subscription for support. My apologies. In THAT case, I hereby rescind my previous “constructive comment” – your pricing is absolutely reasonable for the exciting potential inherent with this component. 🙂

P.S. (When I mistakenly thought it was a recurring subscription plan, I got $600 by multiplying $149.99 (for 90-days) x 4 (for one year) = just under $600/yr. Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding …. my bad).

:-[

mj1256 Friend

wouldn’t that be nice for me, 🙂 but i want to be fair too

mj1256 Friend

any questions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum