Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Greetings, I’m sure we all fully understand that templates will be released “When they are released” and there is no point in asking for release dates as so many things can affect these. On the other hand most business plan there production around customer demand and when this is applied to templates it seems logical that you could canvas the members to see what type of template i.e “News”or “Real Estate” is in demand and respond to this. If there is no great demand or response from members you make your own decision as to what you produce. Go hand in hand with this is giving members a list of what type of templates are planned with no release dates but maybe in the sequence they will be released. I believe this would be a great help to members particularly when we are hanging for a special type of template and have to wait each month to see if that type is released. If we can’t tell then of course we hover around other template producers to look for what we want when we prefer to stay with Joomlart and just need a release schedule. Information is KEY to success. Cheers, John

Phill Moderator

It doesn’t really work like that. Often the JA team have a number of templates planned. Some do not turn out too well and get dropped. Other times something new web technology wise comes along and if JA think it is really worth the effort then they will work really hard on that. Planning a 12 month schedule would therefore be very restrictive. On top of that there are frequent changes to Jooml as we have seen with the recent Joomla 3 series some of those changes cannot be predicted. JA could not say for instance, jan will have x, feb will have y, march will have z etc. In addition, some templates such as the teline series take a lot of planning and research. It can take many months for such complex templates to be ready and it would be wrong to tell users it would be ready for March then not be able to release until July.

All JA can promise is they will release 1 template minimum per month. This is usually in the first few days of each month but sometimes gets a little delayed. There is a huge back catalogue so there is always something to pick from.

Hung wants to give you the best templates available and so far IMHO that is what JA have done for a long time and continue to do so. With the recent release of T3V3 the templates can only get better and more flexible. Even the JA developers are learning new things they can do with T3V3 day by day which can be passed on with future templates. That learning curve makes long term planning a bit of a waste of time.

dilbertnz Friend

Thanks Phill, I appreciate your detailed explanation It’s great to get a better understanding about how the process works and I hope that other will read it as well so we can all appreciate the hard work that goes on.Cheers, John

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dilbertnz 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum