Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

How can I create a new theme and add it to the template?

I mean, I need the dark one but instead using pink, use yellow color in everything: links, buttons, module styles, headings, etc.

I understand I should create a new folder like: templates/ja_lens/themes/yellow, and declare it in templateDetails.xml file; but What .css files should copy from templates/ja_lens/css to templates/ja_lens/themes/yellow/css/ full override default style?

Also I know i need to create new images and upload to templates/ja_lens/themes/yellow/images.

What i need is to use three styles: dark/pink, dark/yellow and light in my site. Do not worry now about how to access them, because my site is goind to be used in a little diferent navigation mode than usual, so maybe with external links to category view url with &style=yellow param may work for me, if not i will have to create fake language files like someone explains in forum, but now that is not important.

Can somebody help me?

Thank you!

Saguaros Moderator

Hi dircomcem,

You can have a look at structure of light theme folder and create the same thing for yellow theme. Just create a new folder named ‘yellow’ and create 2 extra sub-folders ‘css’ – contains ‘theme.css’ file and ‘images’ – contains icons, images used for this yellow theme

BTW, the suffix for URL should be ?style=light 🙂

dircomcem Friend

yes, but css in the theme.css file does not contain all rules with pink color… Only some rules are overrided with this file. in example, How can I change the pink scrollbar? the “click to load more…” link backgroung? but only when I am using the yellow theme… So if I choose to use the pink (default) again I can swith all elements.

Saguaros Moderator

In each ‘theme.css file of each theme, we just provide some rules for that theme specific, you can override it easily, for example, if you want to change the background of the pink scrollbar in yellow theme, you can open ‘theme.css’ file in yellow folder and add this css rule:

.masonry .item-more:hover {
    background: #de3068
    }

By default, this css rule is defined in /templates/ja_lens/css/template.css file, if there is no theme override this rule, then it will use this rule in template.css file.

Hope this makes senses.

dircomcem Friend

It make sense… but i am not sure if works completely… I hay my doubts about it… but i will try. Thank you Saguaros.

TomC Moderator

You may also want to consider employing into your customization – to protect your new theme from being overwritten upon updating/upgrading various elements of your site.

dircomcem Friend

Thank you!!! for now it is working as Saguarus sugested. 🙂 But i think it is a great idea to prevent changes with the updates! I will check this soon. 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  dircomcem 10 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum