Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi.
    I am just new to Joomla! and it is quite difficult….
    I need to “air” my site but have little background with programming….
    My site is http://www.smartcook.gr
    I tried installing the slideshow module and it won’t appear like in the demo of Ja Pariiti

Also how can I change the title on the banner on the top of the site?
    I don’t seem to be able to locate the “Welcome to the frontpage” title below as well, so that I can change that.

Thanks in advance!

bigrk Friend

Why didn’t you use the QuickStart Package? Then you would start off with a website that looks like the demo.

imihanet Friend

OK. How do I use the quickstart. I tried instaling but got an error about a missing XML file.
    Thanx!

bigrk Friend

Read this thread and the only difference is the template name: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quick-start-installation-guide/

imihanet Friend

Thank You very much!
    Procceeding to give it a try!

bigrk Friend

Good Luck. 🙂

imihanet Friend

Hmmm…
    I don’t know how to use ftp with the server.
    What I did: I unzipped the quickstart and template files. Then, I copied all the files from the quickstart and pasted them into the template file. Then, I zipped the template file back and installed into Joomla.
    Unfortunately, the site now is a blank white!!!!:(

imihanet Friend

I’m hopeless….
    the quickstart won’t install….

bigrk Friend

Who do you host with? Would their support be willing to install this for you? You have to remember that the QuickStart comes with Joomla, the template and the sample database and must be installed on a blank site and not over what might already be there.

imihanet Friend

Ok. I am just a user trying to set up a web site. A web technician set me up and told me that I will be using Joomla to make my site. He showed me the basics and that was it. I thought it would be easy but its very hard indeed!
    I realy don’t know who I host with. What exactly do yoy mean by “installed on a blank site and not over what might already be there”. How can I get around it?

bigrk Friend

<em>@imihanet 49483 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok. I am just a user trying to set up a web site. A web technician set me up and told me that I will be using Joomla to make my site. He showed me the basics and that was it. I thought it would be easy but its very hard indeed!
    I realy don’t know who I host with. What exactly do yoy mean by “installed on a blank site and not over what might already be there”. How can I get around it?</blockquote>

A blank site would be a clean site where nothing currently exists. Contact your technician and ask him to install your quickstart file and tell him that it includes Joomla, a template and a sample database. Tell him it needs to be a clean install and he will understand. It is just like installing Joomla only which he already understands how to do but with everything you need to get started. This way you don’t have to try to replicate the demo and it will allow you to get up and running with a website that has everything you need and at the same time will help you learn to understand where things are in Joomla for changing the articles, pictures etc. I would suggest that you find out who is hosting your website also. It is a good thing to know in case you ever want to move you website to another host down the road.

imihanet Friend

Hi Again!
    I carefully went through the procedure mentioned above at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quick-start-installation-guide/
    I tried to educate myself last night on ftp file transfers.
    The question now is: Do I need to uninstall Joomla! from the server first before I transfer the Quickstart files via ftp to the server? The procedure instructs to transfer the quickstart files AND THEN install Joomla! and configure it.
    If I transfer the files with Joomla installed, will quickstart be installed?
    Thanx in Advance!!!!

Menalto Friend

<em>@imihanet 49527 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Again!
    I carefully went through the procedure mentioned above at http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quick-start-installation-guide/
    I tried to educate myself last night on ftp file transfers.
    The question now is: Do I need to uninstall Joomla! from the server first before I transfer the Quickstart files via ftp to the server? The procedure instructs to transfer the quickstart files AND THEN install Joomla! and configure it.
    If I transfer the files with Joomla installed, will quickstart be installed?
    Thanx in Advance!!!!</blockquote>
    i suggest you delete all files you have on your server regarding Joomla today, and upload the quick start package files. Make it a clean install to prevent any problems.

imihanet Friend

Thank you very much. I have arranged to go ahead a clean install.
    Regards.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  imihanet 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum