Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I wonder why there are so few news-templates or grid-based templates, while many websites are (or wanne be) structured that way. So please design some more news templates like ja-teline.

I would love to see a new version of the news template JA-Teline with many customisations (modules, colors, module suffixes, typography etc.)

Thanks!

mihu Friend

The latest template “Ja Dravity” light version got similar flavor.

TomC Moderator

<em>@fdevos 44165 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

I wonder why there are so few news-templates or grid-based templates, while many websites are (or wanne be) structured that way. So please design some more news templates like ja-teline.

I would love to see a new version of the news template JA-Teline with many customisations (modules, colors, module suffixes, typography etc.)

Thanks!</blockquote>

Why not simply modify/customize the template yourself?

What kind of different designs are you talking about?

fdevos Friend

I do customise my template for logo’s and colors, but I cannot design my own template, I am not an artist nor a CSS guru, and that is the reason why I (and the other members) joined joomlart in the first place.

Joomlart has a lot of nice templates, but only ja-teline is suitable as a grid-based magazine or newspaper.
    And Ja-dravity-light does fit the bill either.

This is just a suggestion for the design team at joomlart.

teetide Friend

<em>@fdevos 44165 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello,

Thanks!</blockquote>

Us long time members have been asking for this forever. Hung Dinh said Teline II it would come out in the first three templates of 2008. Six templates into the year and JA continues to ignore customer demands for Teline II.

teetide Friend

Check out Youjoomla’s Newsline template, especially the dark version.

Think of what Joomlart could do with their own version of this.

bigrk Friend

<em>@TeeTide 45295 wrote:</em><blockquote>Check out Youjoomla’s Newsline template, especially the dark version.

Think of what Joomlart could do with their own version of this.</blockquote>

Thanks TeeTide! I think I’m going to join their club. I have eyed a few of their templates before but haven’t visited there for a while and this template has a lot of possibilities.

teetide Friend

What’s up Randy? Good to see you again.

As I told mfcphil, who felt the unexplainable need to flex his new moderator muscles on this post, we’ve been discussing features for a JA news template for ages now. The link to the Newsline template wasn’t an attempt to encourage anyone to join another template club. It was simply an extension of our longstanding cry for a Joomlart news template to follow Teline. Perhaps you can give mcfphil a lesson in the differences between referencing and spamming so that he doesn’t stymie intelligent conversations in the future.

Youtheme’s Newsline template is organized and laid out really well, but clearly lacks JA’s touch when it comes to clean lines, typography, and subtle graphics. I would love to see what JA could do with their own version of this. Since JA has shown no inclination to satisfy those of us calling for an updated news portal, I may go ahead and start trying to adapt the Newsline look to JA Barite. If someone could tell me how to increase the width of the left column in Barite, that would be a great start.

mfcphil Friend

Thanks for the personal attack tee tide hope that makes you feel all warm inside. :(( maybe one day you will need my help and be a little kinder 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Tee Tide with ref to your Ja Bartie issue you might want to send namnp129 a pm…seems right up his street this type of thing…

bigrk Friend

<em>@TeeTide 45377 wrote:</em><blockquote>What’s up Randy? Good to see you again.

As I told mfcphil, who felt the unexplainable need to flex his new moderator muscles on this post, we’ve been discussing features for a JA news template for ages now. The link to the Newsline template wasn’t an attempt to encourage anyone to join another template club. It was simply an extension of our longstanding cry for a Joomlart news template to follow Teline. Perhaps you can give mcfphil a lesson in the differences between referencing and spamming so that he doesn’t stymie intelligent conversations in the future.

Youtheme’s Newsline template is organized and laid out really well, but clearly lacks JA’s touch when it comes to clean lines, typography, and subtle graphics. I would love to see what JA could do with their own version of this. Since JA has shown no inclination to satisfy those of us calling for an updated news portal, I may go ahead and start trying to adapt the Newsline look to JA Barite. If someone could tell me how to increase the width of the left column in Barite, that would be a great start.</blockquote>

I’m not sure what you mean about mfcphil flexing his moderator muscles in this post. I don’t see any reference to it here. We have a slightly different view than you do in the forums and I would normally see a note if something had been deleted, etc. Mfcphil is a good guy and I have never seen anything that would give me that impression.

Anyways the Newsline template impressed me right away and I wouldn’t use all the sliders that are running in the demo they are a little distracting. I did however really liked how the videos were displayed in the slider and how they popped up for viewing. This template is a little closer to the CNN look that we have talked about before. If JA could develop a Teline II like CNN’s current look it wouldn’t even have to carry the Teline name at all. It could be called JA-Cenneline.

I do appreciate you bringing this template to my attention and I know you weren’t trying to promote anything other than JA developing the future Cenneline. 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Bigrk

Its just that I removed the www. link to another template site from his post……not to worry no real harm done 😉

teetide Friend

<em>@bigrk 45396 wrote:</em><blockquote> If JA could develop a Teline II like CNN’s current look it wouldn’t even have to carry the Teline name at all. It could be called JA-Cenneline.</blockquote>

Cenneline. I like it. :laugh:

JA names their templates in alphabetical order (like we name hurricanes). They’ve already released the “C” template for 2008 (Corona), so Cenneline wouldn’t be released until February 2009. Can’t wait that long. The name needs to start with an “F” since that that’s the next template. Based on the length of time we’ve been asking for this one, I suggest “JA Finally”.:p

bigrk Friend

LOL. That works too! 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@TeeTide 45420 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    JA names their templates in alphabetical order (like we name hurricanes). They’ve already released the “C” template for 2008 (Corona), so Cenneline wouldn’t be released until February 2009. Can’t wait that long. The name needs to start with an “F” since that that’s the next template. Based on the length of time we’ve been asking for this one, I suggest “JA Finally”.:p</blockquote>
    Holy Cow … I hadn’t even realized about the alphabetical order naming until you just pointed it out.
    I just thought they were a bunch of strange names. DUH, I feel sill now. :-[

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum