Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Using Joomla! 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ] and I’ve always just uploaded .zip template files to use a new template. I love these joomlart templates but what am I supposed to do with the source files and where do I put those included files? For example, JA Avian II has a zip file included with files with the names, avian ii d.zip, avian ii l.zip and avian ii m.zip. What is the difference between all these?

I know how to install the standard template but all these other included files with no explanation anywhere what they are for (I know about module files and what to do with them), and I’m lost.

Thank you and I apologize for my newbiness.

kallan Friend

They are variations of the template – something like avian ii dark, avian ii light, and avian ii modern you only have to upload the one you want.

Hope this helps

Kiwidesign

bulgin Friend

thanks! I appreciate the reply.

So if I want to use the Avian II template I would choose an Avian II file, correct and not the avian.zip file, correct?

What do you do with the quick start files?

And what do I do with all those .psd files in the avian source file?

thanks!

kallan Friend

<blockquote>So if I want to use the Avian II template I would choose an Avian II file, correct and not the avian.zip file, correct?
    </blockquote>
    You would use which ever style of the avian ii you wanted ie avian ii m .zip

<blockquote>What do you do with the quick start files? </blockquote>
    The quick start sets up the entire joomla install not just the template. It populates the database with all the content /components etc required to get you looking like the demo.

<blockquote>And what do I do with all those .psd files in the avian source file?</blockquote>
    You don’t have to do anything with the .psd files they are source files which means they are for you to use if you wish to change any of the images. They are photoshop files.

Good Luck
    Kiwidesign

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kallan 16 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum