Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Can I use the News Show Pro on the Biz template.
    I have been trying to configure it to list the k2 items in a sub-category, similar to what you show in the documentation…
    http://www.joomlart.com/documentation/joomla-module/ja-news-pro-joomla-extension-documentation
    ie. 3 columns in a row… without the item or category title.

Tried it again today but am now getting the message: Module XML data not available

If i cannot use News Show Pro… can you recommend something that allows me to display k2 items from a category as a grid system of rows and columns?

:((

ps. I had a problem with my SQL database and have set the test site up again with new url:
    http://www.rxbiz.emoupolis.com/index.php/en/exhibitions/current
    username & password the same.

Ninja Lead Moderator

I have installed JA NewsPro module and configured as this document, but I could not see the problem as you mentioned

+ JA Biz Template
    + K2 version v2.6.8

Here is the screenshot

It would be great if you can include a screenshot and description on that particular screenshot highlighting the issue.

1. ja_news_pro
    emuath Friend

ok… good to know that it works.
    I am using
    K2 – 2.6.8
    jaBiz Template.

Right now the module is telling me “Module XML data not available”.

I am going to try uninstall and re-install.

My membership with joomlart is JATC Standard.
    I obviously downloaded the extension from ja downloads, so I am assuming I have permissions to use it?

Ninja Lead Moderator

You can download JA Newspro module v2.5.9 from here

emuath Friend

Thanks have loaded and installed… am trying to figure out how to configure into 3/column panel.
    I choose K2 category – I want to display items from one category (subcategory) in columns.
    What I get is a single row.

Will attach screenshots.

1. Screen-Shot-2014-05-02-at-13.05.21
    2. Screen-Shot-2014-05-02-at-13.06.25
    Ninja Lead Moderator

<blockquote>I want to display items from one category (subcategory) in columns.What I get is a single row.</blockquote>

I have tested with multiple categories (subcategory), not one category (subcategory).

If you wish to load as you expect, you need to change the layout file: modulesmod_janewsprotmpldefaultblog.php. I am afraid it requires pretty heavy customization which is beyond scope of our support.

1. k2_category
    emuath Friend

thanks, have set it up with categories and I actually think I prefer it that way.
    I have MORE questions.
    1. When I click on the link more info link… I would like it to load on a new page… right now it simply loads lower down the same page.
    2. I do not want the item title to load at all… have turned the option of in K2 options…
    News Pro gives me the option to show or hide the category but do not see an option to do this with the item title.

Ninja Lead Moderator

Hope my answer below would help.

<blockquote>1. When I click on the link more info link… I would like it to load on a new page… right now it simply loads lower down the same page.</blockquote>

In Joomla, if you want to view article individually, that article must be assigned to a menu item.

You can create a new menu item (or use an existing one), then assign article (or category that article belongs to) to this new menu item. Also make sure that you don’t assign any module to this menu item.

<blockquote>2. I do not want the item title to load at all… have turned the option of in K2 options…
    News Pro gives me the option to show or hide the category but do not see an option to do this with the item title.</blockquote>

At the moment, no show/hide option is available as you mentioned. If you wish to control the length of title (i.e. limit the length of title), you can try with workaround below:

Open the modules/mod_janewspro/tmpl/default/blog_item.php file:

– Add following function between the <?php …?> tags:

if(!function_exists(cut_string)) {
    function cut_string($title, $max)
    {
    if($title!=''){
    if(is_array($title)) list($string, $match_to) = $title;
    else { $string = $title; $match_to = $title{0}; }

$match_start = stristr($string, $match_to);
    $match_compute = strlen($string) - strlen($match_start);

if (strlen($string) > $max)
    {
    if ($match_compute < ($max - strlen($match_to)))
    {
    $pre_string = substr($string, 0, $max);
    $pos_end = strrpos($pre_string, " ");
    if($pos_end === false) $string = $pre_string."...";
    else $string = substr($pre_string, 0, $pos_end)."...";
    }
    else if ($match_compute > (strlen($string) - ($max - strlen($match_to))))
    {
    $pre_string = substr($string, (strlen($string) - ($max - strlen($match_to))));
    $pos_start = strpos($pre_string, " ");
    $string = "...".substr($pre_string, $pos_start);
    if($pos_start === false) $string = "...".$pre_string;
    else $string = "...".substr($pre_string, $pos_start);
    }
    else
    {
    $pre_string = substr($string, ($match_compute - round(($max / 3))), $max);
    $pos_start = strpos($pre_string, " "); $pos_end = strrpos($pre_string, " ");
    $string = "...".substr($pre_string, $pos_start, $pos_end)."...";
    if($pos_start === false && $pos_end === false) $string = "...".$pre_string."...";
    else $string = "...".substr($pre_string, $pos_start, $pos_end)."...";
    }

$match_start = stristr($string, $match_to);
    $match_compute = strlen($string) - strlen($match_start);
    }

return $string;
    }else{
    return $string ='';
    }
    }
    }

– Then change this line:

<span><?php echo $cat->title;?></span>

To

<span><?php echo cut_string($cat->title,15);?></span>

You can make a test by using format below:

echo cut_string("Profesionální fotograf zachytí momenty radosti a štestí Vašeho dítete v jeho prirozeném prostredí a to na hrištích, pri hre, sportu, ci jiného konícku, budete tak mít na vždy uchovány vzpomínky, profesionálne zpracované tak jak si budete prát", 60);

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ninja Lead 10 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum