Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

svush uses the JA_Teline_II template (rather stripped down) and the RSS Factory 1.5.3 component (and module).

All the content is from RSS sources.

Eirik Solheim

TomC Moderator

I gotta be honest with you . . . at first glance, it’s kind of ‘blah” … definitely denoting a “stripped down” look. I dunno . . . there’s just nothing eye catching that would make me want to stay on the site. My suggestion would be to at least have some images on your frontpage.

Remember, today’s internet is largely a visual medium . . . you obviously want to provide information, but you also need elements to grab and keep a user’s attention. I’m not saying to overdo it with graphics and images, but I do think you need some for your frontpage.

eirik solheim Friend

Thank you for the suggestions!

Eirik

eirik solheim Friend

I am testing out the rss2image module from thefactory.ro to incorporate more images 🙂

Eirik

TomC Moderator

Hi Eirik:

I can see that you are working on your site . . . and I commend you for considering what constructive suggestions have been offered (thus far) and experimenting with further modification. I think you’re moving along the right track.

🙂

eirik solheim Friend

Thank you! I am glad to hear you like the improvements.

I have moved Google News to the frontpage to have some newsvideos (youtube) as well 🙂

The main purpose of this project was to collect newsfeeds that I myself like to be able to read them in an easy way on any computer (at home, work or when travelling). Hopefully others (norwegians mostly I guess) will find the collection useful as well…

Eirik

TomC Moderator

<em>@eirik solheim 51699 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    The main purpose of this project was to collect newsfeeds that I myself like to be able to read them in an easy way on any computer (at home, work or when travelling).
    </blockquote>
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now I see.

I never thought of the “personal use” factor. How clever.
    In that case, it doesn’t matter much about the images and such.

🙂

eirik solheim Friend

He he… 😀

I still wish that others think it’s a nice website too…

The last addition so far is the searchcloud from Pietro Gallo.

Eirik

minsho422 Friend

the rss idea is good and i think it’s a simple and easy to read site but it loads too slow for me how about u guys?

sevil Friend

<em>@eirik solheim 51705 wrote:</em><blockquote>He he… 😀

I still wish that others think it’s a nice website too…

The last addition so far is the searchcloud from Pietro Gallo.

Eirik</blockquote>

Hi Eirik,
    Nice to see how you created a well working newsportal on your site with JA Teline 2..
    I like it. Good job..

eirik solheim Friend

Thank you!

I’m glad you like the newsportal!

By the way I am changing the name of the portal to svush – “the sound of fast travelling news” 🙂

I have had some problems with the RSS2image module but it seems to be working OK now…

Eirik

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  eirik solheim 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum