Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

HI,

I am using the quickstart version of this template on 1.0.15. I am trying to get the top menu to have a drop down effect – I have changed the index.php and tried all 4 menu options – still no drop down.

It is currently set to 3: Transmenu

Here is the site: http://www.newwomens.net

I have set the Menu parameters to the following:

Menu Name – Top
    Menu Style – Horizontal
    Full Active Highlighting – Yes
    Expand Menu – Yes
    Active Parent – Yes

Any help would be grateful

John Wesley Brett Moderator

You actually are in “Splitmenu” mode. See attached.

Recheck ADMINISTRATOR > EXTENSIONS > TEMPLATE MANAGER
    Click on your template link and recheck the parameters for menu type on the right side of the page.

Good luck!
    John.

Dean Clarke Friend

Set it to Transmenu – no drop down happening. Also now my images at the top are missing (dont think its related though)

Okay…I see the problem now. You actually don’t have your menu structure set up correctly to use the transmenu. You don’t have submenu items of the primary links so nothing will show.

I’m assuming you are wanting under LINKS to have it drop down to show NATIONAL and REGIONAL.
    If you click on LINKS and then click on the NATIONAL link in your content area…look in your breadcrumbs. If your menu structure was set up correctly you would see:

“You are here: HOME > LINKS > NATIONAL”
    Instead you are still seeing only “HOME > LINKS”

You need to go into ADMINISTRATOR > MENUS> (menu controlling your horizontal menu) and create submenu items below your LINKS menu item so it shows NATIONAL and REGIONAL..

John.

Dean Clarke Friend

OH MY GOD!! SCHOOLBOY ERROR, Soooo embarassed, im relatively new to Joomla no excuse though – thanks for pointing out the obvious.:o

No reason to be embarrassed…that’s one of those errors we ALL have made! 😀
    You are in fine company.

John.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum