Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

My K2 articles are not being indexed by smart search. After researching on the web, I found out that I have to enable k2 smart search plugin. To my dismay,I could not find any plugin by the name K2 smart search. The question is was this left out of the template intentionally? If so how can I find the plugin to install? I have search all over the Internet but no search result for download…I believe it is part of the K2 install and may not be available for individual download…

Thanks…

Sherlock Friend

<em>@omojesu 318268 wrote:</em><blockquote>My K2 articles are not being indexed by smart search. After researching on the web, I found out that I have to enable k2 smart search plugin. To my dismay,I could not find any plugin by the name K2 smart search. The question is was this left out of the template intentionally? If so how can I find the plugin to install? I have search all over the Internet but no search result for download…I believe it is part of the K2 install and may not be available for individual download…

Thanks…</blockquote>

Hi just installed a quickstart of Ja-Orisite for checking and I was able to find out the Smart Search – K2 plugin, it’s within the finder plugin group, Do you mind checking it again ?

omojesu Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 318344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi just installed a quickstart of Ja-Orisite for checking and I was able to find out the Smart Search – K2 plugin, it’s within the finder plugin group, Do you mind checking it again ?</blockquote>

Its not there.. I only have five plugins in the finder group…

Smart search for Categories, contact, content, Newsfeed, and weblinks…all are enabled, no k2 smart search. I can pm admin login to you to check.

Btw…I reported another issue with Ja-login and still no resolution on that as well…it’s causing us a lot of issues with our newly launched website…visitors are finding it difficult to register from the frontend…your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sherlock Friend

It’s strange that the module not there, you can pm me your admin account and I will try to install it for you, regarding the ja-login’s issues I Don’t know where you reported it, can you give me the forum thread ?

<em>@omojesu 318452 wrote:</em><blockquote>Its not there.. I only have five plugins in the finder group…

Smart search for Categories, contact, content, Newsfeed, and weblinks…all are enabled, no k2 smart search. I can pm admin login to you to check.

Btw…I reported another issue with Ja-login and still no resolution on that as well…it’s causing us a lot of issues with our newly launched website…visitors are finding it difficult to register from the frontend…your assistance will be greatly appreciated.</blockquote>

omojesu Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 318571 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s strange that the module not there, you can pm me your admin account and I will try to install it for you</blockquote>
    Thanks. I just PMed you the site details.

<blockquote> regarding the ja-login’s issues I Don’t know where you reported it, can you give me the forum thread ?</blockquote>

Here you go..
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/using-login-module-from-ja-community-plus-in-ja-orisite-template/

Thanks

omojesu Friend

Sherlock…any update? I PMed you the details you requested about three days ago…and have been checking here for updates but haven’t got ant response from you…thanks

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 318571 wrote:</em><blockquote>It’s strange that the module not there, you can pm me your admin account and I will try to install it for you, regarding the ja-login’s issues I Don’t know where you reported it, can you give me the forum thread ?</blockquote>

Sherlock Friend

<em>@omojesu 319433 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sherlock…any update? I PMed you the details you requested about three days ago…and have been checking here for updates but haven’t got ant response from you…thanks</blockquote>

Hi omojesu,

I am sorry for this delay, I have installed the smart search – k2 plugin for you, please check it, regarding the problem of “registration page” when I submit the register form it directed me to a blank page, do not see even a error message, Could you turn on the error_reporting so the error message is seen ?

omojesu Friend

Error reporting is already turned to maximum under the global configuration server tab…is there any other place I should turn on error reporting? The login details I provided for you is super admin so you should be able to make changes as appropriate…I also provided FTP details in the pm.

Thanks

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 319525 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi omojesu,

I am sorry for this delay, I have installed the smart search – k2 plugin for you, please check it, regarding the problem of “registration page” when I submit the register form it directed me to a blank page, do not see even a error message, Could you turn on the error_reporting so the error message is seen ?</blockquote>

Sherlock Friend

Hi omojesu,

The problem seem to be related to the captcha setting, If I open the com_users registration form file, it’s components/com_users/models/forms/registration.xml and removed the defined field for captcha
    <field
    name=”captcha”
    type=”captcha”
    label=”COM_USERS_CAPTCHA_LABEL”
    description=”COM_USERS_CAPTCHA_DESC”
    validate=”captcha”
    />

The problem has gone away, do you mind check again the captcha function.

omojesu Friend

Same problem…I turned on the captcha plugin and you can see the error now…”Empty solution not allowed”

The problem is still there.

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 319779 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi omojesu,

The problem seem to be related to the captcha setting, If I open the com_users registration form file, it’s components/com_users/models/forms/registration.xml and removed the defined field for captcha
    <field
    name=”captcha”
    type=”captcha”
    label=”COM_USERS_CAPTCHA_LABEL”
    description=”COM_USERS_CAPTCHA_DESC”
    validate=”captcha”
    />

The problem has gone away, do you mind check again the captcha function.</blockquote>

Sherlock Friend

Okay Omojesu !

This seem to be a bug with the Ja Login module when captcha is enabled, I create an issue into JA bug tracking system for JA developers to check and fix it then, it’s http://pm.joomlart.com/browse/JAECMODJALOGINJVI-25, you can also follow that issue to know when it get fixed.

omojesu Friend

thanks you for your assistance…I will keep track of the bug request. In the mean time, is there anything i can do to open registration up for our visitors?

Sherlock Friend

<em>@omojesu 320098 wrote:</em><blockquote>thanks you for your assistance…I will keep track of the bug request. In the mean time, is there anything i can do to open registration up for our visitors?</blockquote>

Hi omijesu,

I think in the meantime you have to disable captcha to get the registration form working 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum