Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

templates for Joomla are good and professional, but they all looks littlebit similar 🙂 maybe its time make somthing what is not looking joomla-like 🙂 i think that maybe ja erica was latest non-joomla-like

Menalto Friend

Well, then again its still a joomla template. It should be a unique one to not look like a joomla template:)

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@Menalto 82738 wrote:</em><blockquote>Well, then again its still a joomla template. It should be a unique one to not look like a joomla template:)</blockquote>

Well, one has to remove the “Mainwrapper” and “Background” to be one “region” of the template.

You may remember my earlier post about JA Nagya… and I want to quote the frontpage description of the original JA Nagya template for this:

“If one finds a design for a long lasting ancient hotel, [ ] should be a good match to remind the audience of strong impression.”

This one is the result of some work on the PSD, there are still some minor and less minor changes needed, like the golden borders in the top regions etc. I want the wood background not to repeat too often, so I will have to make a new HQ picture of the furniture that brought that wood background and then it is time to make the PSD to fit into Joomla again, the top menu must be a suckerfish or moo or css menu again etc. etc., especially for the text area that must be a module again and the pics inside etc.. This one is working as a PSD / HTML Template currently but it must be a CMS Template again:

I anonymized all logos as precaution and it is still not online release ready, but you can see what I mean about the layout.

When JA or anyone wants to use this as a basis for new one etc. and will make me this back to a 100% Joomla template, then head one… but when I calculate the hours of my work on the PSD with 50-70 Dollars an hour, no one except some could afford this work… I recently worked on 6 sites of my own over 8 days, when doing this for others, one would charge like 5000$ for it and this would be a value as one regularly charges like 2000$ for each template, times 6 makes 12,000$ and I am even more specialized into logo and brand creation.

This business is not bad but as long one only works on own sites, the money comes slower!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wooohanetworks 16 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum