Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,

is it possible to make a non linked parent item in a menu? Ie the root item isn’t clickable, but still shows up in the top menu, but the submenu items are selectable.

I tried making the parent item a ‘placeholder’ but then that whole section of the menu didn’t show up in the top navigation.

Thanks.
    http://www.summerfoundation.org.au

Sherlock Friend

Hi moit !
    yes , it is posible , please create menu with type is Separator, it is non linked .

moit Friend

I’ve tried doing that, but that makes the whole menu disappear from the top, and all the child items don’t show up either??

scotty Friend

Try making it an External type menu item that links to #

Having empty links in menus does tend to cause problems though. You’re always better off to try to link to something.

Sherlock Friend

Hi moit !

Please download attachment file ,extract it copy and replace it to templates/ja_mageia/ja_menus folder.

it will fix bug about seperator item menu

cjmicro Friend

Will this work for other templates too? I can’t get separator to work on pyrite. I will try this and let you know.
    Cheryl

Update: got an undefined class name error, so I guess my answer is no. I looked at the file and it goes way beyond what I can figure out. What would I need to change for pyrite, or would there be any way you can send me the file for pyrite so I can get my separator menu to work? I can’t get it to not be a link with any of the methods I have found.

Perhaps I should clarify… the menu item does not link to anything, BUT when you mouseover it gets the little “hand” which makes it look like a link! So the separator is working, I just don’t want it to have a hand! 🙂

Cheryl

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cjmicro 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum