Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Installed the Quickstart on my trial webserver – worked.
    Tried to modify Menues: total desaster.
    Decided to start up fresh, Made a new directory with a clean, new joomla 2.5 installation
    Uploaded template, plugins, modules, component (no source files).
    Added one menue item, but tried to have a slideshow at “home” menu.

Slideshow won’t show at all.

Host: Hostgator,, PHP: 5.2.17

???

Saguaros Moderator

Hi muc3004,

Could you please pm url and admin account of site you’re working on? I shall check it out.

muc3004 Friend

Did send you the login details a while ago. Any luck yet?
    thanks!

Saguaros Moderator

Dear muc3004,

As I can see, you are using PHP version 5.2.17, it’s recommended to use PHP version 5.3 or above for Joomla 2.5, please try to upgrade it.

muc3004 Friend

ok, I’m on it. But I’m wondering, if that helps, because the quickstart worked with the slideshow and the “latest shots” – which also don’t work (in my site as “projects”…)

Saguaros Moderator

Hi muc3004,

Do you mean that the slideshow and the “latest shots” don’t work on your site? Please pm your site’s URL and, if possible, a temporary admin account, I can help you to check where the problem is.

muc3004 Friend

I did that already a few days ago… then you said, that the problem was my PHP version.
    But I also tried the quickstart package on the same server and it worked – so I don’t think its the PHP version??

I will send you the login again in an PM

muc3004 Friend

well, never mind. I kept on working on the quickstart version as well and got a few problem solved (after manually fixing the menue database again…).
    Hope, I won’t have too much issues anymore. Thanks

Saguaros Moderator

If you do confront any problems any further, buzz us up for help.

Love to hear!
    Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum