Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author

Actually, you said it Tom, most recently. You were quoting one of the developers

The November template was going to be the responsive travel template, however the plan for this has been canceled indefinitely. According to the latest update from JA team, next month we’re going to release Uber version 2.0.

The long-awaited JA Teline V is coming along smoothly, right now our JA team has already started working on it. If nothing unexpectedly happens then JA Teline V is going to be released as December template for sure.

This was in October of this year. Which is the reason I asked for clarification. Hard to make plans to update sites when we are reacting instead of planning.

Personally I am hoping the surprise for December is both a Travel Template and Teline V. It is Christmas afterall….

TomC Moderator

<em>@aardcom 454610 wrote:</em><blockquote>

This was in October of this year. Since changed, which is the reason I asked for clarification. Hard to make plans to update sites when we are reacting instead of planning.</blockquote>

The thing is …when JA is ready to announce a definitive release schedule/date for Teline V, they will do so.

aardcom Friend

Tom,

It might be more helpful if you stopped responding with the same answer. We get it. We’re looking for a response from the developers not the mods. We know you don’t know. CLARIFICATION…..

Hieu Nguyen Admin

Hi,

The Teline V project is always a hardest project. I’ve been working on the Teline series from the very begining. Beside the different design, each version of Teline requires lots of time for wireframing and brainstorming. We always try to find the best solutions for each small details and features of Teline.

Right now, the team is working hard on the project. Teline V will be released in December but it may come late. Please stay tune!

dieudonne Friend

<em>@Hieu Nguyen 454665 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

The Teline V project is always a hardest project. I’ve been working on the Teline series from the very begining. Beside the different design, each version of Teline requires lots of time for wireframing and brainstorming. We always tried to find the best solutions for each small details and features of Teline.

Right now, the team are working hard on the project. Teline V will be released in December but it may come late. Please stay tune!</blockquote>

Thank you very much for the new 🙂

Regard.

aardcom Friend

<em>@Hieu Nguyen 454665 wrote:</em><blockquote>

Right now, the team is working hard on the project. Teline V will be released in December but it may come late. Please stay tune!</blockquote>

Great news. And hopefully the travel template is still on track as well. Many looking forward to both of these releases.

gavind Friend

Looking forward for those templates as well.

James Weston Friend

Apparently the screen shots of how it will look will be available this coming week.

dieudonne Friend

<em>@origomedia 456405 wrote:</em><blockquote>Apparently the screen shots of how it will look will be available this coming week.</blockquote>

Hello, who said that ?

Regard.

James Weston Friend

I asked on the chat line (which was offline) and on the 4th December I got this reply:

Hi Jim,

JA Teline V will be released this December for sure. However it may be coming a bit late as Teline series has always been our hardest project and we need to put a lot more extra work into JA Teline V to get it perfect before official release. A sneak-peek for this template should be posted on forum next week so please stay tuned!

I appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
    NyKill B.
    JoomlArt Support Team

dieudonne Friend

<em>@origomedia 456535 wrote:</em><blockquote>I asked on the chat line (which was offline) and on the 4th December I got this reply:

Hi Jim,

JA Teline V will be released this December for sure. However it may be coming a bit late as Teline series has always been our hardest project and we need to put a lot more extra work into JA Teline V to get it perfect before official release. A sneak-peek for this template should be posted on forum next week so please stay tuned!

I appreciate your understanding.

Regards,
    NyKill B.
    JoomlArt Support Team</blockquote>

Yes ! Excellent. Thank you very much for the info 🙂

Regard.

James Weston Friend

fingers crossed as you never no but would have thought that they would have had the look and feel ready by now so at least we can make decisions on whether to wait for it or use something else.

TomC Moderator
    James Weston Friend

Thanks Tom for posting the link.

I know it is only 30% done so of course want to wait and see how it looks when 100%. I know there has been a lot of anticipation by the members waiting for the arrival of Teline V. Obviously in the coming two weeks before the final release we will learn more about the bells and whistles but from a look and feel point of view I have to say I am a bit underwhelmed.

My initial thoughts are that it is very, not sure on best term to use, but maybe bulky or chunky. News sites are packed full of information and space is a premium. With this template so far everything just seems much bigger than it needs to be. As an example if you look at a site like cnn.com there are some 14 or so items on the top menu bar both on the desktop version and on the ipad version. When I look at Teline V on my desktop there are half that amount and on the ipad even less.

As a news site I think the Telive IV is visually more appealing so I guess I was just expecting something that looked a bit more slick and updated to the IV but with some new funtions.

I know that templates are just a starting point and that they can be edited and changed. However, for a lot of us, who lack the necessary skills to make significant changes, we pick templates where we believe we can make minor changes to end up with a result close to what we visualised for our sites.

Anyway everyone will have a different opinion I guess it was just not what I had expected.

Hieu Nguyen Admin

<em>@origomedia 456667 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    News sites are packed full of information and space is a premium. With this template so far everything just seems much bigger than it needs to be. As an example if you look at a site like cnn.com there are some 14 or so items on the top menu bar both on the desktop version and on the ipad version. When I look at Teline V on my desktop there are half that amount and on the ipad even less.
    </blockquote>

Thanks for your constructive criticism!

Your concern is right; as it’s one of the biggest difficulty in the designing of Teline V. Monitors Size are bigger, from “1028 x 760” to Full HD, 4K and even 5K Retina in a new iMac. “Font Size” in Web Design are bigger too, from a normal “12px” to “15 – 16px” nowadays. (You can read more here http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2011/10/07/16-pixels-body-copy-anything-less-costly-mistake/)

Then there come a problem: “How to make everything clear, sharp and modern looking while still be able to presenting a huge amount of information?”.

The good news is Teline V will be packed with lots of Layouts and Styles for “Feature News” sections and “Categories List” sections. (You can spot them in the demo if you look a little bit long enough. 🙂 ) From “large, hourly update” magazine to “normal, daily update” magazine, we will get a suitable layout to cover our need.

Last but not least, with Teline V, you don’t have to be limited with only 1 “Feature News” section and 1″Categories List” section in the old Teline(s). Now you have as many sections as you like, then arrange them in the way you want.

Hope you have more patience and give us more time to improve. The demo will be updated everyday ;).

PS: Sorry for my bad English!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

This topic contains 46 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  dieudonne 9 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum