Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    Is there a way to add an onclick event into to the menu item that point to an external URL?
    Any pointers would be great full as I am trying to track a menu selection in google analytics.
    Thanks
    Marcus

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

If you want to point a menu to an external url
    Go to menu > Add new menu > select menu type > External Url
    More info check this doc

76mel Friend

Hi,
    Yes that is what I do, but I would like to add a onclick to that href that is created and was looking for the place to do that ?
    Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

<em>@76mel 434581 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    Yes that is what I do, but I would like to add a onclick to that href that is created and was looking for the place to do that ?
    Thanks</blockquote>
    Sorry i am not familiar with your native language ,
    can you add a screenshot and explain your issue in it ,
    so that i can assist you better 🙂

76mel Friend

Hi,

I have created a menu item that points to an external URL as described in the reference link you originally replied with.

it generates this html

<a href=”/images/casestudies/ASL_Case_Study.pdf” target=”_blank” data-target=”#”>ASL</a>

I am using Google event tracking, and would like to push an event to google if some on clicks that menu item and its a external url is a PDF file.

One way to do that is to add an onclick event to the href tag… onClick=”ga(‘send’, ‘event’, ‘Button’, ‘Free Edition’);”

I was wondering if there was a way to do that as I can work out how the menus are generated.

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Sorry i am not able to understand with your native language .
    The external link is the only way to redirect the menu to external url in joomla .

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum