Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

By default, JA Melosite has three color – red, blue and green.

If I want to create one more color which is Orange to match my corporate color, how can I do that?

I have no problem create one more set of graphic for Orange color by using Fireworks, but I have problem in changing coding. What should I do to do that?

Kent

tonyg Friend

Hi

It is easier to change an existing colour than to create a whole new set of colours. As you are not going to use the other colours I recommend you pick say the default colour and just change it to orange. This is how I will tackle such a task, first look in the template’s image folder and change all the default colour to your prefer colour. Secondary use an editor like Dreamweaver to open the css of the template and identify one of the default colour code. Now use the find and replace all command. As if by magic it will find the entire default colour and replace them all with the colour code you give it.

Another useful tool that comes well handy when making such changes is Firebug.

markb1439 Friend

I agree with this suggestion. Even when I want to set up various color combinations, I simply assign them to existing colors. For example, in the Helio template, I assign my own burgundy to the “red” style, my own green to override the existing “green” style, and a blue style to the “orange” style. The end users never see these color designations, so they don’t know that my blue is called “orange” in the backend.

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

Ok, thank you very much! I will try it.

Kent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  sfpkent 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum