Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Thanks =instantinlaw;,

The unlimited license is a big bonus. The only reason why I opted for the Developer license with Joomlart is to circumvent their licensing policies. I do not want the “designed by and copyright” appearing. Right now, I only do websites that I control. So, I am not really a Developer nor need such a license.

I will definitely buy it as soon as I have time.

Yes, I heard that some of the staff are closely associated with Joomla.

On SEF

I have not made up my mind on the SEF issue yet. Someone here gave a link to a Google blog. Supposedly, Google prefers the dynamic URL because some information may be destroyed or confusing in the SEF generated URL.

Cornelio

<em>@instantinlaw 141095 wrote:</em><blockquote>Actually the owner of jxtended magazine is one of the core developers of Joomla, and this ought to make you very happy. Here is the license for the software:

How many times can I install your products?

You may install our products as many times as you like on any number of sites. There is no restriction. Even if you are using a subscription product, you may still continue to use it indefinitely on any site.:)

The only thing that might be a problem for some is that when using sh404sef url’s go from this:
    index.php?option=com_zine&view=splash&page_id=1&Itemid=3
    to this
    index.php/component/option,com_zine/Itemid,3/page_id,1/view,splash/.</blockquote>

instantinlaw Friend

No problem.
    Good luck with it. 🙂

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 141099 wrote:</em><blockquote>No problem.
    Good luck with it. :)</blockquote>

Thanks again instantinlaw,

I just bought the magazine today. Just some quick questions.

1. Is it possible to superimpose the Teline II or Teline III template with the Magazine or does it have its own template?
    2. For example, can I use the current QuickStart Kit for Joomla 1.5.x-Teline II to create a default site. Then, I install the Magazine via:

Extensions => Install

Like the usual installation of extensions. This will be easiest for me. If there is no template that came with the Magazine, and it just uses the default template that came with Joomla.

3. For the site that you said you are working on, is the template used in there in house (one that is made by the company you work with)?

I know I have to read their Manual.:) This will be my public post on the Magazine here. I do not want to use the Forum of Joomlart for this purpose.

May I contact you in private in case I hit a snag that may not be clear from their Support ticket?

Thanks.

Cornelio

instantinlaw Friend

You should install a template. magazine is a component for content, although you can create content template pages with it. The program is very complicated and as I stated before I only have limited experience with it.
    It is installed like any other component. The company I work for has created a custom template for the site and uses magazine for certain pages.
    I don’t know how much help I can be, but feel free to pm me if you hit a snag.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@instantinlaw 141372 wrote:</em><blockquote>You should install a template. magazine is a component for content, although you can create content template pages with it. The program is very complicated and as I stated before I only have limited experience with it.
    It is installed like any other component. The company I work for has created a custom template for the site and uses magazine for certain pages.
    I don’t know how much help I can be, but feel free to pm me if you hit a snag.</blockquote>

Hi instantinlaw,

It installed without a snag. I used my Joomla 1.5.14 -Teline II template as the base installation. I modified the Teline II quite extensively including CSS and Layout. No one would ever think it was based on Teline II. I hope the new Teline III will have less bugs

I just started reading the online manual. So far, it looks pretty OK many of the processes seem to be straightforward. I am spending a bit of time trying to visualize the overall structure of the site

Publication
    Issues
    Sections
    Categories

and various crosslinking.

Essentially, as they stated, only your imagination shall limit what it can become. I wish there is a way of mass input

Authors, Submission and Entry of Articles
    I really like this feature. It solved one of my concerns — to restrict entry to the Admin page to a few people who will then enter the text and include the authors and other information (editors, artists, etc. as separate groups). Articles may be submitted via other means, email or forum, or wiki. I may end up installing a wiki for this or just use the SMF forum software both as forum and preliminary contribution site. It already has a powerful ACL

ACL Increased Granularity
    I was reading more about it last night. I found a new future feature that I really like a lot. It would be in the future version (v2.2) but it would improve the granularity of the ACL from the default Joomla “public, registered, special” to a more refined ACL I was considering buying another extension for this, but it was quite expensive and has a very restrictive licensing.

Ticket system
    The process of connecting all the dots so that it will correlate to the template was unclear from the instruction. I cannot find in the component the term they use to connect the two.

Have you had a chance to use their ticket system? And, how prompt they reply? This will be the most crucial.

They have three other extensions (only $30-50) that I am ready to buy if their technical support is very good. They will address many features I would want to have in an online site, including more systematic indexing of contents.

I hope Joomlart is familiar with what Jxtended is doing, and provide similar features and extensions. It may be much easier to deal with just a few companies.

Cornelio

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

This topic contains 35 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum