Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I get the following error message whenever I try to make changes to the Ja Slideshow module Operation Failed: Failed to open file for writing

I get an array error when trying to change template parameters using the template manager (let’s say I want to make the template blue or change the logo from an image to text). This means that I can’t change any of these parameteres.

I know this is a permission issue – because the problems go away if I just make all of my folders 777 – but this is not ideal for security is it.

So please can someone tell me which files and folders need to be writable to be able to get the slideshow working, all the other template features working and to be able to edit template parametrs such the template manager.

Thank you in advance.

I have seen several posts in the forum on this issue dating back over a year – but no real solutions so far that I can see.

jooservices Friend

Hi,
    You try going to Global Configuration page and enter your FTP setting to solve this issue.
    Thanks
    Viet Vu

smitheringale2 Friend

I’ll give it a try – thanks 🙂

<em>@jooservices 278783 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,
    You try going to Global Configuration page and enter your FTP setting to solve this issue.
    Thanks
    Viet Vu</blockquote>

smitheringale2 Friend

I’m stuck. I can’t save any changes to the template profiles, colours etc. without getting an error – be it

Operation Failed: Failed to open file for writing

or after changing some file permissions i might get this error instead

An error has occured when saving Global Settings..
    Array

Please can someone help. Short of just making everything 777 I don’t know what to do to get this template working for me.

Last time I was a member I started off as a licensed member and upgraded to a developer member almost straight away. I can’t believe I’m thinking of upgrading to developer member again and paying that extra money. I love your themes – but they just cause too many problems sometimes.

If this problem can be fixed I would like to stick with Joomlart and most probably upgrade to a developer member again since the only thing causing me a headache would be fixed.

Please help ! Desperate now after a couple of fruitless days and finding nothing in the forums that answers my question.

<em>@smitheringale2 278792 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ll give it a try – thanks :)</blockquote>

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Smitherin,

Please check to make sure your templatesja_minisiteparams.ini is writeable.
    Please check to make sure your yourwebsite.comtmp folder is writeable.

If these do not work, please provide us with admin access so that we may diagnose this issue further.

Thank you!
    John.

smitheringale2 Friend

Hello,

Both of those are writable I think. I sent a ticket in and included the admin access and even FTP details.

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

<em>@jwbrett 279156 wrote:</em><blockquote>Smitherin,

Please check to make sure your templatesja_minisiteparams.ini is writeable.
    Please check to make sure your yourwebsite.comtmp folder is writeable.

If these do not work, please provide us with admin access so that we may diagnose this issue further.

Thank you!
    John.</blockquote>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  smitheringale2 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum