Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I seem to be having a bit of a problem with this template, I have made changes to the navigation and image slider via the css file in the t3-assets folder which worked fine.

Now when I have added extra pages etc in order to view the changes i clear the jat3 cache via the admin panel.

Now upon doing this all of the previous changes made to the css file have gone back to the original and the css filename has changed, is this supposed to happen? and if so is there anyway around it?

pavit Moderator

Hi

The t3 asset folder is the folder where are stored the css optimized files so everytime you clean your cache you will loose changes to these css files

When you are working on website development you need to disable the CSS optimization or enable the development Mode from your template manager, in this way you will edit the correct files and your modifications will not lost

webaheadinternet Friend

so if i enable development mode once these files have been changed when the cache is cleaned after this the changes will not be erased?

pavit Moderator

<em>@webaheadinternet 354349 wrote:</em><blockquote>so if i enable development mode once these files have been changed when the cache is cleaned after this the changes will not be erased?</blockquote>

The development mode disable the caching of files so you can work on files directly

after you have done all your changes and the website is ultimated you can disable the website development

webaheadinternet Friend

so once I have done that and turned off development mode, if my customer makes changes to the website template and clicks clean cache to make the changes show it will stay the same as the modifications I made and not revert back to the standard template?

pavit Moderator

Changes need to be done always in the files contained in the templatesyour_template_namecss folder and not in t3_assets folder

when you work on that folder you never will have problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pavit 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum