Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am having trouble with permissions for fireboard/joomla/community builder.

Originally i had set fireboard forum permissions to:

Public set to ‘everyone’
    Member set to ‘registered’
    Officer set to ‘author’

The problem with this was that when people signed up they automatically became registered, which meant that all signed up users had access to the member forums as well as the public forums which was not intended.

So i changed permissions to the following:
    Public set to ‘everyone’
    Member set to ‘author’
    Officer set to ‘editor’

I am using the Joomla Site > User Manager to set individual permissions, and then each forums access in the fireboard forum configuration section.

Since i made this change my officers can see public and officer forums but not member forums.

I assumed that the ranks would allow the user to see any sections with permissions set to lower than their rank. Why would editors not be able to view author accessible forums?

What on earth am i doing wrong? I have searched everywhere for a fireboard manual, but the only thing ive found is an incomplete pdf file that doesnt help at all.

Any help would make my day, i have been struggling with this all week.

soviet Friend

Did you find an answer? I know the joomlart forum support is absolutely awful.

mj1256 Friend

this is not a Joomlart issue to fix. you need to go to the fireboard website and post on their forum. This is why yo get no answer from JA and members are do not know the answer.
    http://www.bestofjoomla.com/

fireboard is now old, they have come out with a new and better froum based on fireboard called Kunena!. There is also a fork of which called agora. Both of these solved many of the bugs and issues that persisted with he now deprecated fireboard fourm component.

I would upgrade to agora myself

soviet Friend

<em>@mj1256 129039 wrote:</em><blockquote>this is not a Joomlart issue to fix. you need to go to the fireboard website and post on their forum. This is why yo get no answer from JA and members are do not know the answer.
    http://www.bestofjoomla.com/

fireboard is now old, they have come out with a new and better froum based on fireboard called Kunena!. There is also a fork of which called agora. Both of these solved many of the bugs and issues that persisted with he now deprecated fireboard fourm component.

I would upgrade to agora myself</blockquote>

Can you do it without losing your posts?

mj1256 Friend

yes, look through the JED and the agora website and you will see they have a migrator so you should not lose anything

I just set up agora for the 1st time because of the death of FB, and it went well and integrated with cb without a hitch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mj1256 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum