Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Can someone help me to find out which files/directories I have to chmode to 777 in order to have the site working? Slide show, bulletin and front page is showing php error instead of the photos, thank you!

sunrise Friend

I am having some similar problem as well, and have not found all the answers, but I found out that there can be many reasons for this.

Is this a new site? DId you just install the quickstart? For you to get any more detailed help, maybe you should give a few more details.

I hope you get it all working soon.

azochi Friend

Thanks for all the answers it is for sure a problem of permissions, I just need to know in wich directory the file mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php is trying to create a directory (probably to store thumbnails?) to chmode it properly, I have chmode lots of directories without find the right one tilln now.

azochi Friend

Ok, I’m not a programmer!!!!
    But I opened this beautifull mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php in line 90 to try see where is the beautifull directory this file is trying to create. It says “mkdir” in “$path/images/resize”
    I cannot got much farther than here. I have no idea which is the path variable “$path” refers to.
    PLEASE, please, please, somene more “expert” than me can tell me which directory I must chmode in order to make slideshow get to work???

THANK YOU ALL

cjmicro Friend

One thing you can look at that might help you is under your backend admin, on the far right, there is help/system info. then click on the directory permissions and you can see if the main joomla directories are writeable if needed.

the permissions of the folder needed for your slideshow probably depends on what folder you have specified in the module parameters.

So if your slideshow mod shows the folder as images/stories/yourfolder, then you probably need to make images/stories/yourfolder permissions writeable, and if there is a images/stories/yourfolder/resized folder you need to check that one too.

Hope this helps,
    Cheryl

bennitos Friend

<em>@azochi 108158 wrote:</em><blockquote>Ok, I’m not a programmer!!!!
    But I opened this beautifull mod_jaslideshow2/helper.php in line 90 to try see where is the beautifull directory this file is trying to create. It says “mkdir” in “$path/images/resize”
    I cannot got much farther than here. I have no idea which is the path variable “$path” refers to.
    PLEASE, please, please, somene more “expert” than me can tell me which directory I must chmode in order to make slideshow get to work???

THANK YOU ALL</blockquote>

Im guessing you are having the same problem i had with the JA uvite template.

Check if in your images folder the resize folder actually exists (a lot of the times it aint even there), if not create it manually and see what it does then.

azochi Friend

thank you all, following cjmicro amd bennitos answers I solved the problem. I had to chmode all directories under “images” to 777 and create the “resized” directory and now it’s working.
    THANKS!!

bennitos Friend

<em>@azochi 108275 wrote:</em><blockquote>thank you all, following cjmicro amd bennitos answers I solved the problem. I had to chmode all directories under “images” to 777 and create the “resized” directory and now it’s working.
    THANKS!!</blockquote>

Permissions of 777 should not be needed after you created the resized folder, 755 should be enough. And glad its at least working!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bennitos 15 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum