Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Just checked the price of upgrading Photoshop CS4 to CS5 design suite (which includes fireworks). Almost died after hearing the price. I think I’ll just have to stick with Photoshop.

For those who are looking for a free software to resize and make color adjustments to pics, you can try out GIMP.

darrenf Friend

Do I need to do anything else to put my site up for SOTM Nomination?

sfpkent Friend

Verify your site.

uniquebiz Friend

<em>@sfpkent 183451 wrote:</em><blockquote>Verify your site.</blockquote>

I was under the impression the SOTM competition was stopped for now due to lack of votes, I emailed MIccas for clarification but received no answer.
    Shannon

sfpkent Friend

So, which means we don’t have competition for this month?

uniquebiz Friend

Been canceled since April I think? Perhaps a mod should confirm the competition no longer exists and if so change the forum to member showcase and not SOTM Competition?

Phill Moderator

Sadly, SOTM was just not getting enough attention to warrant keeping it running. An announcement was made at the time but the forum remains for reference. I’ll see if I can find the news announcement later.

darrenf Friend

🙁 bah! really?

darrenf Friend

@sfpkent
    Verified 😀

So I guess SOTM Nomination really doesn’t take place anymore 🙁 Loved the prizes

suckfish Friend

<em>@darrenf 187229 wrote:</em><blockquote>@sfpkent
    Verified 😀

So I guess SOTM Nomination really doesn’t take place anymore 🙁 Loved the prizes</blockquote>

Hi darren, I must say I have really enjoyed your photos, both myself and my brother have been glancing over your site….

You are in my mind a very exceptional photographer… well done m8.
    keep it up.

As far as it goes for the website, for me in the UK its frustrating as the load time is a little slow, quite possibly your host or something…I think you have used JA norite very well…and because of the darker background, I think the emphisis is on the photos and pictures… which i guess as a photographer is what you want!

again well done..

lee

leemaggs.com

darrenf Friend

I’m glad you like my works.

Yes I believe the loading is a little slow for two reasons. The webhosting company is in Singapore where most of my clients are and the other is because most of my images are at image quality 10-12.

I’m considering to get fireworks to compress my pictures however, i have yet to compare the quality of the output. Even with photoshop, I have noticed some differences with quality 10 and 12 for some pictures.

Yeah, I’m using a darker colored background to place emphasis on the pictures.

sunrise Friend

I have been travelling a bit and not following along here so well. I also didn’t know that the SOTM competition was no longer hapening. How sad. It was great to have that competiion, and as you said, the prizes were great too. Being able to showcase the sites is of course still great, but not the same and the SOTM.

darrenf Friend

I agree! Bring the competition back! 😀

aaronfarias Friend

I think the logo area could use some work but nice besides that

sunrise Friend

<em>@darrenf 188323 wrote:</em><blockquote>I agree! Bring the competition back! :D</blockquote>

Here is a reply i got from bennitos. Hopefully they will bring it back in time.

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/new-competition-site-of-the-month/

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  darrenf 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum