Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi,

since we’re a company we use (like most companies I suppose), centralized servers for mail. These are set up with SMTP. Our webservers are not allowed to send mail directly. They serve webpages.

Am I to understand that JA Job Board only uses PHPMAILER? (Mail sending via PHP on the webserver).

Is there a way to alter this to SMTP? How?

Regards
    Akerman

John Wesley Brett Moderator

In the administrative area, goto:

SITE > GLOBAL CONFIGURATION > SERVER

You’ll see your SMTP setting area in the lower right.
    Have fun!

akerman Friend

Hi,

well…. that’s the setting we’re using on all our sites… and that was also the setting for this development site… hence the trouble mentioned above with the PHPMAILER error….

..and sequentially the question: What does Job Board use? Joomla setting? In that case…why the error?

Always fun with Joomla, WordPress and Drupal 🙂

Regards
    Akerman

akerman Friend

Setting Joomla! to SMTP as described above indicates that a message is sent… but it’s not.
    For example clicking on employer to send as message from inside the Admin.

All our settings in all our +10 Joomla sites are the same.

Setting Joomla to PHPMAIL does not work since that function/library is not installed on our webservers.

So main question again: Does Job Board make use of SMTP if it is configured in Joomla?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Please check your server’s error logs to find out where the emails are ending up.
    Job Board uses the mailing configuration you have set for Joomla.
    What type of server are you using?

I would Google the issue with your server type (Linux, Ubuntu, IIS, etc.).
    For instance: [FONT=”Arial Black”]LINK[/FONT]

akerman Friend

Good. That’s a confirmation: Job Board uses Joomla mail config.

Setup of servers are OK. Multiple websites running SMTP with Joomla settings on same physical server/same Apache instance.

It was only that Job Board coughed up this “PHPMAILER” error that made me very suspicoius.

Checking the mail settings for SMTP in this installation again….

Thanks for your reply

Regards
    Akerman

pdfx Friend

Was this solved?

In the global configuration I have tried selecting sendmail and SMPTP but when someone goes to register the PHP mailer error comes up PHPMAILER_RECIPIENTS_FAILEDyourname@yourname.com and no email arrives

My server php mail has been disconnected by the host, so i use sendmail instead in joomla settings, but Jobboard seems to be sending out using PHP Mailer, or am I getting this wrong?

paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  pdfx 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum