Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

I had been looking for a news type template forever and you produced Teline. This is the only reason I joined this club because I wanted to gain access to it. Now my dreams wander to a photography or portfolio template. I know you guys have the talent to incorporate a template of this nature. I can only hope that you will. :p

instantinlaw Friend

Did someone say Photography?
    Hold tight I’m sure they will get around to one soon enough:)

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;16239I had been looking for a news type template forever and you produced Teline. This is the only reason I joined this club because I wanted to gain access to it. Now my dreams wander to a photography or portfolio template. I know you guys have the talent to incorporate a template of this nature. I can only hope that you will. :p

HI Bigrk,

where does your vision of a photography site differ from a portfolio site to me they are vastly different? a portfolio is a gallery to me, use the showcase extension (when its released) and you have a portfolio similar to JA’s own template showcase? If that is your meaning of showcase.

That sorta thing can be achieved with any number of gallery plugins for Joomla.

The photography site I understand as a web site approach, I like something like this
    http://www.krystalmeyers.com/index.php is that more what you mean?

I ask only to define and for the JA developers who look here to have clear ideas, If ya going to ask for a template may as well give some clear examples likely it will happen in a future template?

Cheers ShannonN

bigrk Friend

A portfolio is an example of the photographers work. But you’re right I should provide a few examples of what I like to see. The link that you provided would not interest me at all. I will give it some more thought and then, I’ll be back.

ShannonN Friend

bigrk;16309A portfolio is an example of the photographers work. But you’re right I should provide a few examples of what I like to see. The link that you provided would not interest me at all. I will give it some more thought and then, I’ll be back.

Yes my example was not from a photography (photographers) pov,I had the idea of a more personal site with images etc sorry about that, was off with the fairies at the time

bigrk Friend

<em>@ShannonN 16320 wrote:</em><blockquote>was off with the fairies at the time</blockquote>

I think that might explain where I’ve been all day. 😉

mpimagery Friend

I came on here today to look at what’s available that would suit a photography portfolio site, there’s not much..

Here’s an example of one done very well http://www.jeremycowart.com, though I think it’s written in Ruby on Rails..

Probably the one complaint I have about Joomla in general, and maybe it’s just because I’m not as php proficient as some, but there is not one really good gallery integration. Gallery 2, with Gallery 2 Bridge, used to be good until they changed it in the latest versions…..not to mention you cannot get support on it…. I have a paid job that I cannot get anyone to even quote me on..

bigrk Friend

Still want this type of template. 😎

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  bigrk 16 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum