Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Using Purity III with the Corporate template I have added the JA Image Hotspot and have a picture displayed. I have not yet added any hotspots, but I can’t get the image to center. I modified line 12 of the /modules/mod_jaimagehotspot/assets/css/style.css as referenced here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-center-the-map/ to this
    .jai-map-container {
    display: block;
    margin-left: auto;
    margin-right: auto;
    max-width: 100%;
    position: relative;
    }
    but it doesn’t help. I think it may be because of the position I am using (slideshow). That is the only position I could use where it doesn’t compress the image, and puts it above the article text. Any and all help is appreciated.

TomC Moderator

Which element in your site is the one you’re trying to center the image?

beasleybiz Friend
    beasleybiz Friend

I moved the position to masthead and like that much better than in the slideshow position. It is not centered on the page, but it is centered above the article content.

TomC Moderator

You could try something like this . . .

.jai-map-container img {
    margin-left: 20%;
    }

beasleybiz Friend

I will give that a try. I have another issue as well. I thought I could just live with it as long as it was centered over the article text, but once I added a hotspot then saved I can see the tooltip, but the front end is not matching the back end placement. It is showing too far to the right on the map. I am going to try resizing my image to match the world map sample image to see if that fixes the tooltip placement, if not then I may just re-think using this module altogether. It is really nice work, but not absolutely necessary for what I am doing.

Edit: I adjusted the image size to match the worldmap sample image and changed to the new image, re-made the tooltip and have the same issue.

beasleybiz Friend

Moderator, please mark as closed as I have decided to go in a different direction. Thank you @tomc for your help.

TomC Moderator

Glad to have been of whatever assistance I could . . . All the best with your continuing site development.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum