Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I would like to place the Content-Mass block below the Content-Main position using the template layout. Is there a way to do this?

TomC Moderator

Although I do not use this particular template, generally you can move blocks around rather simply via your Template Manager in your administration backend.

What you do is log into your Admin Panel –> Template Manager –> Layouts –> select whichever layout you’re working with (such as “default.php”) –> Edit –> and then cut-and-paste/move the particular block you want to move to where you want it.

It’s kind of like a stack of legos . . . you simply rearrange the blocks in the order you want them stacked.

Hope that helps.

😎

L John Friend

That is what I would like to do but the block for Content-Main is not available in the layout. Or at least I am not able to identify it in the profile.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ljohn 247817 wrote:</em><blockquote>That is what I would like to do but the block for Content-Main is not available in the layout. Or at least I am not able to identify it in the profile.</blockquote>
    Any chance you can snap a screenshot of the block stack within your Template Manager Layout Editor ???

L John Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 247827 wrote:</em><blockquote>Any chance you can snap a screenshot of the block stack within your Template Manager Layout Editor ???</blockquote>

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″?>
    <layout name=”desktop”>
    <!–Extra css load for this layout–>
    <stylesheets>
    </stylesheets>
    <blocks name=”top” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”absolute” type=”modules” style=”raw”>absolute</block>
    <block name=”top-panel” type=”modules” style=”jaraw” main-inner=”1″>top-panel</block>
    <block name=”mainnav” type=”mainnav” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”header” type=”header” main-inner=”1″></block>
    <block name=”cpanel” type=”usertools/cpanel”></block>

</blocks>

<blocks name=”middle” colwidth=”30″>
    <block name=”right1″ width=”30″ >right</block>
    <block name=”content-mass-top” >content-mass</block>
    </blocks>

<blocks name=”bot” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”cs” type=”modules” style=”raw” no-main=”1″ >ja-cs</block>
    <block name=”tabs” type=”modules” no-main=”1″ style=”raw” >ja-tabs</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name=”bottom” style=”xhtml”>
    <block name=”botsl” type=”spotlight” style=”JArounded” >user6,user7,user8,user9,user10</block>
    <block name=”footer” type=”footer” ></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

TomC Moderator

Try this . . . .

<blocks name="middle" colwidth="30">
    <block name="right1" width="30" >right</block>
    </blocks>

<blocks name="bot" style="xhtml">
    <block name="cs" type="modules" style="raw" no-main="1" >ja-cs</block>
    <block name="tabs" type="modules" no-main="1" style="raw" >ja-tabs</block>
    <block name="content-mass-top" >content-mass</block>
    </blocks>
    <blocks name="bottom" style="xhtml">
    <block name="botsl" type="spotlight" style="JArounded" >user6,user7,user8,user9,user10</block>
    <block name="footer" type="footer" ></block>
    </blocks>
    </layout>

See what that does to your position layout after you make the change.
    (you can always experiment more and/or switch back to default if it doesn’t work).

L John Friend

Tom,
    Your option places the content-mass at the bottom but not layered the way that I wanted.
    I wanted it to be the same size as the content-main (“30”) and sitting directly below it, without the current gap.
    In the new current config it takes the lenght of the bottom block.

1. content-mass
    TomC Moderator

This is why I was suggesting some trial-and-error experimentation – trying moving the block code in different positions within the “stack layer” code (as you posted above). I’ll bet that after one or two more tries, you’ll arrive at what you want.

You may also need to modify some css code to get it to style the way you want … but that shouldn’t be too much trouble.

L John Friend

I used Content-Mass-Bottom

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  L John 13 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum