Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello all!

I really like the header graphics and top menu in the Hedera template, but I like the main body layout and module positions of the Barite template.

Would it be overly difficult to use the Hedera header and menu on the Barite body??

THanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@kraymitchell 53425 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello all!

I really like the header graphics and top menu in the Hedera template, but I like the main body layout and module positions of the Barite template.

Would it be overly difficult to use the Hedera header and menu on the Barite body??

THanks!</blockquote>

Not terribly difficult …. though you would need to adjust the relative CSS and php files to be sure that the layout and menu correlations function properly. Bottom line – you can do just about anything you want with these templates if you are willing and ready to put in the time and effort.

kraymitchell Friend

Ready – CHECK
    Willing – CHECK
    Sure of which files to edit so I don’t screw it all up – UNCHECK LOL

I have seen templates that had specific header PHP files and body ones as well. These ones do not seem to have that. I am not much of a PHP person either, but I have been known to be able to navigate my way through.

I will see what I can do based on the comments and go from there!!

kraymitchell Friend

OK, I have the header graphics and Search box changed!

I can’t seem to figure out the Top Menu though. The menu is there in text, but its not horizontal and it is missing the graphics.

If I at tp=1 to the end of the URL, there is no Module Position showing for the top menu, though it is published to User3 (I checked on a different install and the menu shows up there, but it also does not have a module position. I am modifying the Barite Template.

http://74.53.77.114/~emotiond/index.php
    If you would like a visual of what I am trying to say 🙂

Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong! THX!

kraymitchell Friend

OK, I have come to the conclusion that modifying the Hedera Template by just bringing over the module positions from the Barite Template will be the easiest way to achieve this.

Now, I have the module positions over, but they are not in the right spots. I have looked around and I can’t seem to find where module positions are defined. Where do I go to tell (IE) mass_top to be where it should be, not where it currently is.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kraymitchell 16 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum