Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author

once again very simple and boring template, those images will not save the template!
    Sorry but i will not subscribe any longer with this kind of uninspirational webdesign!

I hope Joomlart will find new inspiration for innovation!

instantinlaw Friend

Come on Hung,
    How about something a little more useable.

thatcomputerdude Friend

If there is no left column, you will pretty much have to fill all that blank space with a background image that has graphic(s) up and down the left side of the page. However that will restrict you on the flexibility of how long your pages run (which isn’t always a bad thing).

I’m going to keep an open mind with this template but it doesn’t have the WOW factor when you first look at it. I’m very critical and judgmental for services I pay for, even more so being a writer for a Joomla Review website. JA gives you business templates, with some modification, they are almost out of the box ready to slip into a company website. It would be nice to see some different looks over the next few months, just seems like JA has gotten into a similar pattern over the last few months. I’ll keep the faith!

bluesuit Friend

Bit of an odd one this. Not sure who/what it’s really aimed at. Layout seems a bit disorganized. Be good to get back to some of the quality stuff from last year.

plumber34 Friend

I have to say i use to love joomlart templates but ever since the sulfur template the quality has gone down hill. I am hoping that now that they will only release 1 template a month the quality will be much better. I think joomlart owes all us users a much better and working template incorporating jomsocial. Sulfur was a disaster and the reason why i rejoined. Plus if you are not going to update templates to work properly with updates of jomsocial whats the point.

TomC Moderator

plumber34;138677I have to say i use to love joomlart templates but ever since the sulfur template the quality has gone down hill. I am hoping that now that they will only release 1 template a month the quality will be much better. I think joomlart owes all us users a much better and working template incorporating jomsocial. .

Jomsocial is a commercial application. Unless one is willing to pay an additional fee for pre-integration, then JA is not under obligation to include this application carte blanche at their additional expense. JA Sulfur includes a Jomsocial template – for which the member/owner has the option to purchase/integrate Jomsocial themselves.

ganzuelo Friend

Its great for JA to skin another product for us.:D

When they state that they will switch down to 1 template a month and fix and update old templates you’d think that with all this extra time they would of came out with something fresh and exciting. If you look at JA Sulfur’s forum there are bugs mounting up and support is slow.

tamerax Friend

i’m hoping they will spend more time fixing up the older templates rather then putting out ones like this. I’ve been asking for help with Sanidine for a while now…..

overall, that big pic on the side does look like it eats up too much space and I personally wouldn’t use it.

plumber34 Friend

well let me just say i have rocket theme template with jom social and boy they already have had 3 updates and will always update there templates. I know templates are only a starting point but sulfur was far from that as far as the jom social integration. Now if ja was going to start another club with just jom social templates to go with there existing templates that would be a great idea. Until then i think its a waste of time and disapointment.

swemmel Friend

ganzuelo;138680
    When they state that they will switch down to 1 template a month and fix and update old templates you’d think that with all this extra time they would of came out with something fresh and exciting. If you look at JA Sulfur’s forum there are bugs mounting up and support is slow.

When Hung announced that they would go back to one template a month I was very glad to hear that. I thought it would mean more quality, originality and extension-integration.

In fact they stay with 2 templates a month I am afraid >:( : 1 Joomla template and 1 Magenta template. So nothing changed really.

About JA Mona, I do not really like this one. But that is a matter of taste. I can imagine that there are members who love this template.

Peter

prakash Friend

i would completely disagree that the member/owner has the option to integrate with Joomsocial. What user [plumber34] was quoting is in regards this:
    <blockquote>I think joomlart owes all us users a much better and working template incorporating jomsocial. Sulfur was a disaster and the reason why i rejoined. Plus if you are not going to update templates to work properly with updates of jomsocial whats the point.</blockquote>
    <em>@tcraw1010 138678 wrote:</em><blockquote>Jomsocial is a commercial application. Unless one is willing to pay an additional fee for pre-integration, then JA is not under obligation to include this application carte blanche at their additional expense. JA Sulfur includes a Jomsocial template – for which the member/owner has the option to purchase/integrate Jomsocial themselves.</blockquote>

now if you read the description for JA Sulfur it clearly says:
    <blockquote>Being well-tuned with Kunena (formelly known Fireboard) and Jomsocial, JA Sulfur handles all typical aspects of an online social networking where people interactively connect, share, contribute things together in an unprecedented fashion.</blockquote>

hence when one reads this and buys a template – one expects a level of integration already built into the template, and if like you say you need to pay additional fees and get it then it would mean no use of buying a template…one could directly get custom work done elsewhere.

JA Collects membership fees from users and members do expect quality in return. Or there are 100s of sites which provide free to paid templates at much lower costs. But why someone chose JA earlier was the fact that their templates are better than the rest and there were very few integration issues. Now if JA decides to release templates like it has been doing for the past few months, and to add to that from next month they release only 1 template a month – would you think that such a huge premium is justified?

TomC Moderator

plumber34;138687well let me just say i have rocket theme template with jom social and boy they already have had 3 updates and will always update there templates. I know templates are only a starting point but sulfur was far from that as far as the jom social integration. Now if ja was going to start another club with just jom social templates to go with there existing templates that would be a great idea. Until then i think its a waste of time and disapointment.

Geez, condemn them for trying – nice.

Phill Moderator

I am so glad someone deleted the racist moron (noibihappy2009) who posted on this thread earlier.

As for the jomsocial integration, it did have problems but they were soon sorted. I have tested this template on my desktop and it work well. Yes, you have to buy a third party component (jomsocial) and that was made clear from the start. Other template clubs who also offer JS integration do exactly the same as Jomsocial need to make their profit and are never going to give it away for free.

The problem as I see it is that the template (sulphur) was released too quickly. Certainly before enough testing was done. As such users fellt dissappointed. It was however those same users who were pressurising JA into releasing the template in a hurry.

Personally I think JA should work really hard when they go to 1 per month and build 2 months in advance. This would give more time for in-house testing. So when the August template is being released the September one is in testing and the October one is in the planning and Building stage. I am sure then that templates will seem less rushed and gain some very needed polish.

Let’s wait until Mona is released before we pass judgement as quite often the previews (which JA should drop IMHO) rarely look like the finished product.

instantinlaw Friend

swemmel;138748When Hung announced that they would go back to one template a month I was very glad to hear that. I thought it would mean more quality, originality and extension-integration.

In fact they stay with 2 templates a month I am afraid >:( : 1 Joomla template and 1 Magenta template. So nothing changed really.

Peter

You got it right Peter. :((

mfcphil Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 138763 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am so glad someone deleted the racist moron (noibihappy2009) who posted on this thread earlier.</blockquote>

Yes Phil I deleted that post…totally unacceptable comments!!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

This topic contains 48 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  kgp 15 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum