Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I’m a beginner joomla user, so please dont mock me if this is a stupid question, but, once I have installed the quickstart package for this theme, do I still have to install all the plugins, template, etc from the download section? or am I good to go? And second, I have installed this theme the first days of July, so I dont know whether I have the final version. I am trying to edit the module USER 1 so I can change those four icons for joomla, wordpress, drupal and magento for my own images and content, but when i edit in the backend nothing happens in front end. Do i need to re install and if so, do i install the quickstart package or Do i install plugins one by one (my first question)? Ill appreciate help

Sherlock Friend

Hi benmont86,

I am seeing that you are a newer to joomla, if that I think you would need to take a look at some joomla documentations for beginner to get a closer look in joomla to know what’s it and how to use it 🙂
    Regarding your questions at this moment I Would like to reply as following

<blockquote>Once I have installed the quickstart package for this theme, do I still have to install all the plugins, template, etc from the download section?</blockquote>
    Once you installed the qs package you site would be looked exactly like the demo right after installing and you don’t need to install any thing more.
    <blockquote>And second, I have installed this theme the first days of July, so I dont know whether I have the final version.</blockquote>
    Yeah it probably is the latest version
    <blockquote>I am trying to edit the module USER 1 so I can change those four icons for joomla, wordpress, drupal and magento for my own images and content, but when i edit in the backend nothing happens in front end. Do i need to re install and if so, do i install the quickstart package or Do i install plugins one by one (my first question)? Ill appreciate help </blockquote>
    It’s maybe a caching issue, you would need to disable caching to see the change apply, once you want to re-install a module you just need to uninstall it then do install it again don’t need to re-install the quickstart.

benmont86 Friend

<em>@Sherlock Holmes 331086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi benmont86,

It’s maybe a caching issue, you would need to disable caching to see the change apply, once you want to re-install a module you just need to uninstall it then do install it again don’t need to re-install the quickstart.</blockquote>
    Thanks heaps for your great answers. About the module though, im still unsuccessful trying to edit it, I cleared the cache and I edited the USER 1 module again and nothing. and please, How do I actually change the icons (joomla, wordpress, drupal, magento) for other ones? Do i have to re install that module? Thanks a lot agian

Sherlock Friend

Hi benmont86,

Those 4 icons are added via a css rule, You open the file of templates/ja_zite/css/template.css look for this css

ul.cms .has-icon.icon1 {
    background-image: url(“../images/joomla.png”);
    }
    Here you could see that the joomla icon is the image file of templates/ja_zite/images/joomla.png and others icons could be templates/ja_zite/images/magento.png, templates/ja_zite/images/drupal.png, templates/ja_zite/images/drupal.png, templates/ja_zite/images/wordpress.png
    You can override those files with your own files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 12 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum