Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

greetings,

I’m still at a lost with the Mega Menu function. I followed the instructions in terms of installing however there’s one piece in your instructions that I do not see in the backend….after instlaling the plugin, you say then to click on the ‘module name’…well, I go under Modules, and there is no module to click on, for mega menu, in order to configure the paramaters….please advise.

Jay

uniquebiz Friend

jay313;182946greetings,

I’m still at a lost with the Mega Menu function. I followed the instructions in terms of installing however there’s one piece in your instructions that I do not see in the backend….after instlaling the plugin, you say then to click on the ‘module name’…well, I go under Modules, and there is no module to click on, for mega menu, in order to configure the paramaters….please advise.

Jay

Hi Jay
    Use the wiki guide here http://wiki.joomlart.com/wiki/JA_Template_Framework/Navigation

you look for the section
    Loading modules as menu items

scroll down to see a step by step descrotion here

• Step 1 – click Separator Menu Item Type, as it is the most appropriate type for us to load modules, we are going to load the Login Module as the child content of this menu item;
    • Step 2 – select an icon for this menu item if you want;
    • Step 3 – click the Parameters (JA Extended) tab to open megamenu parameters;
    • Step 4 – type in a Title for this menu item;
    • Step 5 – type in an appealing slogan/description for this menu item;
    • Step 6 – select Modules content type;
    • Step 7 – scroll down and select Login Form, this is the module we are going to load;
    • we are going to leave all other parameters untouched;
    • click the Save button and go to frontend, refresh the page, and hover your mouse over the new menu item.

That matches steps on a graphic.see step 6 the choices for modules are in a drop down list that appears

I believe that should be what you’re after?
    Blessings Shannon

jay313 Friend

worked like a charm…thanks I get the idea for loading modules….however my initial intent is to just simply create sub menus that lead to articles. Also, I noticed, if you view here: http://miphgl.org/new – why is that I see a link for login under the menu item before I even click on Login….

Thanks,
    James

jay313 Friend

Ahhhhh EUREKA!! I guess a little bit of reading on parent /Child menu relationships sort of did the trick. LOL!!! I got the hang of it now….

Thanks again!
    Jay

uniquebiz Friend

jay313;183094Ahhhhh EUREKA!! I guess a little bit of reading on parent /Child menu relationships sort of did the trick. LOL!!! I got the hang of it now….

Thanks again!
    Jay

Great, Glad to hear you’re happy
    Shannon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  uniquebiz 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum