Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Try to leave this code snippet::

<?php echo JFilterOutput::ampReplace($this->item->text); ?>

and mainly make change for other code part

bruces Friend

Sorry, I don’t understand that at all.

Is that your answer to my post #14 above? Can you please give me a more helpful answer?

aman204 Friend

<em>@bruces 201086 wrote:</em><blockquote>Sorry, I don’t understand that at all.

Is that your answer to my post #14 above? Can you please give me a more helpful answer?</blockquote>

Can you please pm me superadmin and ftp details to make this change for you πŸ™‚

bruces Friend

As there seems to be some difficulty logging into to my site, I have pm’d you to request that you forward me with clear instructions on what changes you were going to make, so that I can carry them out myself. Alternatively, I can send you a copy of any CMS file for you to modify.

Please advise ASAP as I would like to get the problems with JA_Ruby resolved. These bugs were present in the template when purchased 18 months ago, and I’ve had to sign up for membership again simply to get the bugs resolved.

aman204 Friend

You can change this::

<div class=”img-desc clearfix”>
    <?php echo $image; ?>
    </div>

<div class=”ja-article-content”>
    </div>

to

<table><tr>
    <td valign=”top” colspan=”2″>
    <?php if (isset ($this->item->toc)) : ?>
    <?php echo $this->item->toc; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php echo $this->item->text; ?>
    </div>
    </td>
    </tr></table>

in templates/ja_ruby/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

bruces Friend

Ok, as I said before I don’t have exactly the same code as your snippet in the PHP file.

Please see enclosed php file, which is templates/ja_ruby/html/com_content/category/blog_item.php

1. blog_item.php_.zip
    aman204 Friend

Can you change this, please with modified code ::

</div>

bruces Friend

I’ve done this now. If you look at http://www.qwerius.co.uk/News/ you’ll see it hasn’t worked: the last article on that list contains a thumbnail photo before the Read More marker, yet the photo does not appear in the Category Blog layout.

Please advise.

aman204 Friend

<em>@bruces 201768 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve done this now. If you look at http://www.qwerius.co.uk/News/ you’ll see it hasn’t worked: the last article on that list contains a thumbnail photo before the Read More marker, yet the photo does not appear in the Category Blog layout.

Please advise.</blockquote>

It appears fine now for me πŸ™‚

Please clear your browser cache for changes to reflect

bruces Friend

Sorry, I’ve cleared the browser cache twice, and tried another browser as well. In all cases I see what is shown in the attachment: an indent in the intro text (I don’t want that) and no photo (I do want that).

1. Screen-shot-2010-11-03-at-9.45.50-am
    aman204 Friend

Can you please give me clear idea for what you need as of now, I presume that you wish to images not shown in intro text if their code is added after read more separator

bruces Friend

My requirement is unchanged:

1) If an image is inserted before the Read More tag in an article, it should appear along with the Intro text in the Category/Section blog layout.

2) If an image is inserted after the Read More tag in an article, it should not appear along with the Intro text in the Category/Section blog layout.

3) If multiple images are present in an article, only the images present before the Read More tag should appear along with the Intro text in the Category/Section blog layout.

4) Where images appear in the Category/Section blog layout, they should respect the positioning information in the article (i.e. Left or Right, margins and/or padding).

For test purposes, in the Category Blog layout http://www.qwerius.co.uk/News/ the last article “Google Instant: Get it working for you” has two images present, one before the Read More and one after.

Hope this helps… Essentially, I am trying to retain standard Joomla behaviour, and JA_Ruby behaviour as shown in http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_ruby

bruces Friend

I am adding an image showing what I would expect to see with the current content. Please note that the vertical red line is just an indication that text should follow the standard text indent for that page.

bruces Friend

Hello, Joomlart. It would be great if you’d respond to my JA_Ruby issue! :((

aman204 Friend

<em>@bruces 202372 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, Joomlart. It would be great if you’d respond to my JA_Ruby issue! :((</blockquote>

Really sorry as I am not that familiar with php tags. Will ask other team members to check in πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 13 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum