Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Everything is working now but there is one very big annoyance with megamenu. Every time something has been edited in the back lets say fi a new menu item has been added the whole setting of the megamenu has been lost for the access level special.

It looses its width setting and also items which are created as external links looses their position in the menu even when their attribute is still GROUP and on. But even when it was positioned next to other external links and has being saved before it shifted back to the left position so it became one row again instead of 2 or more colomns layout

This menu for access level is being used for the super users since there is no access level super users it only went up to special.

It seems that this behavior does not occur for the level acccess registered user but only for the access level special created menu

Another question:
    Is there a reason that there is no access level for superusers in mega menu? I need this for adding a few options in the frontend only visible for superusers. Because this is missing now I cannot add an icon to a menu item or do i have to add supper users to the group visibility of another group?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Are you using the latest version of T3 framework?

Saguaros Moderator

Hi

Are you using the latest version of T3 framework?

mvdgeugten Friend

Joomla! 3.4.1 Stable [ Ember ] 21-March-2015 20:30 GMT with T3 Framework 2.4.8 April 3, 2015

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me URL and admin login info of your site and tell me the steps by steps to reproduce this issue, I will check it for you.

Saguaros Moderator

You can PM me URL and admin login info of your site and tell me the steps by steps to reproduce this issue, I will check it for you.

mvdgeugten Friend

OK PM send with the needed information.

mvdgeugten Friend

OK PM send with the needed information.

mvdgeugten Friend

@saguaros: did you had time to look into that problem of the saving and read action of the wifth of the menu.?

To me it seemed like it is a problem of the template saving (or reading) the regarding value differently for the ACL group special since it does it correctly for the group Registered.

mvdgeugten Friend

@saguaros: did you had time to look into that problem of the saving and read action of the wifth of the menu.?

To me it seemed like it is a problem of the template saving (or reading) the regarding value differently for the ACL group special since it does it correctly for the group Registered.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Max,

Did you try this way?

– Set the access for menu items under home menu item from ‘Registered’ to ‘Public’
    – Go to megamenu configuration >> change the width as you want.
    – Change the access for above menu items to ‘Registered’ again.

Saguaros Moderator

Hi Max,

Did you try this way?

– Set the access for menu items under home menu item from ‘Registered’ to ‘Public’
    – Go to megamenu configuration >> change the width as you want.
    – Change the access for above menu items to ‘Registered’ again.

mvdgeugten Friend

Hi Saguaros. I don’t see any relation regarding your suggestion. There is no problem with reading and saving the width of item configuration for user group registered user. So why should I need to to try this Trial by error tip?
    If Purity III is saving the configuration of the megamenu items in the database or just by creating some css files then obvious there is a mistake because when you set the width for the special group everything turns out correct. But after you have changed something or added a new item to the menu and you go to the Megamenu and open the first item the value for width is shown as a value of extra class.

So to be honest I don’t believe your sugestion will do any good for the simple reason that there are no problems for the access group registered. It only applies to the Special group and I need this since there are options in the front end menu which should only be available to publishers (moderators) and the admins.

Again this was the initial setup

And this is what Megamenu makes of it and look what is has done with the width value and also loosing or nt able to read the position of the grouping

The registered group is worikng correctly also when changes have been made to the menu.
    It doesn’t loses its configuration (here you see that the width value is correctly shown and the grouping is still available

1. mm2
    2. Menu004
    3. mm3
    4. mm4
    Saguaros Moderator

I checked the mega menu configuration but it’s showing fine: http://prntscr.com/72s1jz

Saguaros Moderator

I checked the mega menu configuration but it’s showing fine: http://prntscr.com/72s1jz

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Saguaros 8 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum