Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi, I am struggling to make Teline II (latest version) work for my site (Joomla 1.5.6).
    The quick starts works but when I try to apply the template to my site, I get two very bad results:
    1) if I dont enable JA News and JA News Fp, I have left and right columns in their correct positions. As soon as I enable them, the left and right columns finish below the ja-news positions in the right edge. See attached image.

2) Rendering of the news is not correct: my settings are 1) JA News Fp: 1 featured article and default_fp.php layout, 2) Ja News: 2 columns. What I get: the featured article takes just the left middle of the featured space and the normal articles are not left aligned (the first is at a certain distance from left margin, the one below is more at the right and so on).

My articles are just text with a big image, but in JA news I selected Auto-resize and in JA News Fp I put 300×300 and 80×80 as width/height respectively for featured and normal artciles (size are displayed correctly).

Can you please help me?
    Thanks a lot!

Giuse

1. telineII-render
    Sherlock Friend

Hi giuse !
    It is best, if you send url of your site !

giuse Friend

Hi hainn84, unfortunately I cannot put this template to my live site since it is a commercial site already running and in my local copy it does not work, as I have described.
    Something I have to look into or some tests to do to understand why this is happening?
    Thanks

Giuse

Sherlock Friend

Hi giuse !
    Do you use old version of teline ii ? Please try to download new version and update JA News and JA News FP .
    I think that there is 2 causion , which can cause the problem :
    1. Content on your site : if content not standart ( missing some tag html ) , your site will be crash .
    2. smarttrim on JA News of old version : please try to change value of max chars in JA News and JA News FP.

giuse Friend

Hi, I am using the new version of Teline II and latest JA News (June, though the version shows 1.3.1 while the changelog says 1.3.2).
    After a lot of tests, I discovered that the presence of the Joomla “Read more” tag completely breaks the layout. Should I post a bug notice on this?

Additional question: which is the order of articles shown on JA frontpage? On my site they are shown in the order of creation, while it should be the opposite (newest first as all news). I didnt find such an option in the JA news frontpage plugin.

Thanks

Giuse

giuse Friend

Hi, could you please give me more feedback on this?
    I found that the “Read more” tag breaks the layout when using JA news and I don’t like very much to remove all “Read more” from my articles…
    Is it a bug?
    Thanks

Giuse

andreipopel Friend

hey, I have the same layout problem in some pages in section and category blog view, here is my post with examples from my live demo site: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/left-right-module-error-in-one-category-view/

i’m kind of desperate, could you help me?

thank you!

felsimedia Friend

You could have pasted some articles directly from MS word or other source document.

We always use notepad to paste plain text.

What you do is to unpublish the latest articles you posted before that thing happened. Or, edit the latest articles and repaste a pure text content without any formats. One by one, check and see until you find the culprit article/s. When you solve the problem, then you may continue modifying them.

There’s nothing wrong with your sites. I think it is a joomla issue.

Don’t panic. I had experienced that so many times. Goodluck!

giuse Friend

anyway I’m still wating for a fix from the team: it’s not good that I cannot have a read more to use JA news, isnt it?
    cheers

Giuse

rmtunc Friend

I’m having a very similar problem.

In the template, this code:
    <blockquote> <?php echo $bigmaxchar?$news->introtext1:$news->introtext;?></blockquote>

generates this HTML when there is no “read more” inserted in the article:

<blockquote> <div id=”lipsum”>
    <p>
    Wow. More Intro text that should not appear on the article. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Cras urna dui, consequat consequat, suscipit non, blandit quis, diam. Phasellus ut pede et odio dapibus egestas. Nam dignissim lacus…
    </p>

</div></blockquote>

but it generates this HTML when there is a “read more” inserted in the article:

<blockquote> <div id=”lipsum”>
    <p>
    Wow. More Intro text that should not appear on the article. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Cras urna dui, consequat consequat, suscipit non, blandit quis, diam. Phasellus ut pede et odio dapibus egestas. Nam dignissim lacus…
    </p></blockquote>

You can see that there is a missing </div> in the second example…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rmtunc 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum