Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello, I installed the template JA Social in my localhost using the quickstart. Also install all plugins, components, but when I try to install a custom file in the: customjomsocial_theme_social_j15.v1.0.3 a message:

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

What am I doing wrong? If anyone can help me. Thank you.

TomC Moderator

<em>@unicoba 276577 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello, I installed the template JA Social in my localhost using the quickstart. Also install all plugins, components, but when I try to install a custom file in the: customjomsocial_theme_social_j15.v1.0.3 a message:

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

What am I doing wrong? If anyone can help me. Thank you.</blockquote>
    Are you saying that you are trying to install the JomSocial component into your JA Social template?

unicoba Friend

Tom thanks for the reply.

I installed the quickstart template for Social Ja but when I view the site do not see the main menu item Joomsocial (hot) equal to demo.

TomC Moderator

If you do not have the JomSocial component installed, then there will not be a “JomSocial” menu item.

unicoba Friend

Tom joomsocial should be in the quickstart package jatc_social_j15? Or install the quickstart after I install the file in the folder custom/jomsocial_theme_social_j15.v1.0.3

Tks

TomC Moderator

<em>@unicoba 276974 wrote:</em><blockquote>Tom joomsocial should be in the quickstart package jatc_social_j15? Or install the quickstart after I install the file in the folder custom/jomsocial_theme_social_j15.v1.0.3

Tks</blockquote>
    No, because JomSocial is a 3rd party commercial component. It is NOT part of the JA Social template package.

JA SOCIAL is a template designed for use with the JomSocial component. In order to have the JomSocial functionality, you must purchase your license from http://www.jomsocial.com separately, and then install the component into your JA Social template.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum