Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I would like the product search to be in the place of the regular search on top right. I don’t mind getting rid of the words product search and have it look the same way as regular seach. (Must I have advanced search?)

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Please try with my guide:

+ Open modulesmod_virtuemart_searchmod_virtuemart_search.php file, at about line 29, find following code:

<!--BEGIN Search Box -->
    <form action="<?php $sess->purl( $mm_action_url."index.php?page=shop.browse" ) ?>" method="post">

<p><label for="keyword"><?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_SEARCH_LBL') ?></label></p>
    <p>
    <input name="keyword" type="text" size="12" title="<?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_SEARCH_TITLE') ?>" class="inputbox" id="keyword" />
    <input class="button" type="submit" name="Search" value="<?php echo $VM_LANG->_('PHPSHOP_SEARCH_TITLE') ?>" />
    </p>
    </form>
    <!-- End Search Box -->

and change to:

<!--BEGIN Search Box -->
    <form action="<?php $sess->purl( $mm_action_url."index.php?page=shop.browse" ) ?>" method="post">
    <div class="search">
    <input type="text" onfocus="if(this.value=='search...') this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='search...';" value="search..." size="20" class="inputbox" alt="Search" maxlength="20" id="keyword" name="keyword"/><input type="submit" onclick="this.form.keyword.focus();" class="button" value="Search"/> </div>

</form>
    <!-- End Search Box -->

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum