Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

My development site is http://www.treespun.com/dev/

I’m having an issue with the mod_ja_vmproductslide & mod_virtuemart_featureprod well maybe not an issue but I do not like where they are being displayed.

There are three main spots I need to remove them from displaying.
    1.) Product Categories
    2.) Product details
    3.) Check out

My problem is I don’t know what file I need to look at to remove them from displaying in these spots. I’ve tried looking at : com_virtuemart/virtumart.php — /com_virtuemart/themes/ja-mesolite/theme.php and a couple others that don’t come to mind at the moment.

Does anyone know what file(s) I need to edit to stop these modules from displaying in these spots?

tonyg Friend

Hi

Go to Control panel—>Extensions—>Module Manager, now from the list of Modules locate and open the Module in question. Now look for Menu Assignment and ensure that (1) Select Menu Item(s) from the List: is selected and (2)ensure only the pages you wish for the module to appear in is highlighted from the Menu Selection.

Save your changes refresh the browser and test.

Hope that helps

nefar Friend

Yes, that was the first thing I did. The problem is that shutting the module off for virtuemart section shuts it off through the entire store. There is no way to shut off the module for specific sections of the store. Ie.. I can’t say only show in “category” section and not in product description. The module will either be On or Off for the entire virtuemart store.

nefar Friend

Come on now no one knows what file I need to edit to remove these modules from loading into the cart section, product lists, and product details instead of having to shut off the modules completly?

I sent in an email to the so called premium support 5 days ago still no response.

robbie1 Friend

Can somebody provide an answer to this?

tonstrina Friend

Hi, I asked the same question a couple of days ago and got a similar response to yourself!!
    The answer I found was deep into this fourm. Thanks to the member whose name I can’t remember.
    I have not tried it yet but it looks promising. Let us know how you get on.

http://www.brandonitconsulting.co.uk/mod_metamod/

Regards.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tonstrina 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum