Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi

I have searched on the forum several frustrating times and can’t figure this out. I expect JA-News to only show on the front page. It shows everywhere.

This is my first joomla site so I am not sure what I’m doing. Perhaps I have something configured incorrectly. Here is the site:

http://lookgoodallday.com/longlastinglipstick-store/

When you click on a category, that category browse is shown under JA-News. Same if you click on a product from the product slider AND if you click on MORE to read another article in a JA-News section or readmore to read more of the “featured” article. The category – product – article is shown below JA-News.

So… a prospect clicks on a product and UNLESS they scroll down, they don’t see the page change. Not very conducive to sales.

I tried to apply a fix that suggested editing index.php to add something similar to this:

<?php if ( $this->countModules(‘ja-news’) || $option == com_frontpage){ ?>

but that didn’t show JA-News on any page. I suspect that is because my front page manager only shows one item: Joomla! License Guidelines which is sample data so nothing is on the front page.

TIA for any and all advice

Lori

Sherlock Friend

Hi lorilr !
    Please create new menu item link to virtuemart component , it will solve the problem, Please create it in un-used menu. this is popular problem when use virtuemart component, if there isn’t any menu link to virtuemart component , when click on category it always get itemid=1 ( this is itemid of home page) so it causes the problem. If posible , please send admin account via pm, i will fix it for you .

lorilr Friend

Thank you, that fixed it. Perfectly. I noticed the itemid=1 but couldn’t find any hint of how to fix it. Is this common issue noted anywhere else?

Lori

lorilr Friend

HI again

I am having this same problem with articles and ja-news. When I click on an article (or read more) in the ja-news module, the article is displayed UNDER the vm-fp module and ja-news.

In the ja-news parameters I specified 4 categories – 37,38,39,40. Cat 39 seems to be working correctly AND the itemid=67 – when I click on the url.

However, the other categories don’t work i.e. they are shown under ja-news. Also, the url has itemid=1.

I have searched a while but I just don’t understand enough yet to find this problem.

I’ve compared the parameters for the categories and the articles and I can’t see where they are different.

Again, the url is http://www.lookgoodallday.com/longlastinglipstick-store

thanks for any advice,

Lori

Sherlock Friend

Hi lorilr !

Please create a menu items link to sections ,that stores 4 categories 37,38,39,40 .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum