Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I assume a very simple answer but I can’t find it.
    On the front page of the website – bctfn.org – there is a carousel slideshow running with a text box overlay (carousel caption). I need to change the text in that caption but cannot find where the text is defined. I’ve been looking everywhere but it is escaping me.
    The website was migrated to Joomla 3 by a contractor and he is no longer in business it seems. Anyway, I hope someone can answer this for me quickly!
    Just in case I need this help too – what would be the best way to change the text in the carousel caption?
    Thanks…..

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Here is the documentation for the Slideshow .
    Note : Set the Editor to None from Global config. for custom html module .

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    Note : Set the Editor to None from Global config. for custom html module .

paul10500 Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 476449 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Note : Set the Editor to None from Global config. for custom html module .</blockquote>

Hi, so many thanks for your reply. But I have to admit that I am still unable to track down the text that goes into the carousel caption. I should have mentioned that I am striclty an amateur at this. I used to do my own basic Joomla upgrades and maintenance at 1.5 and 2 (eventually discovering the Purity template) but had to pay someone to do the Joomla 3 makeover.

So, can anyone help – tell me exactly where to go in Joomla 3 backend to edit the text of the carousel caption on the front page of http://www.bctfn.org? So, I can just quickly type the new text and move on?

I would be very grateful….bctfn.org is a charity website…

paul10500 Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 476449 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi
    Note : Set the Editor to None from Global config. for custom html module .</blockquote>

Hi, so many thanks for your reply. But I have to admit that I am still unable to track down the text that goes into the carousel caption. I should have mentioned that I am striclty an amateur at this. I used to do my own basic Joomla upgrades and maintenance at 1.5 and 2 (eventually discovering the Purity template) but had to pay someone to do the Joomla 3 makeover.

So, can anyone help – tell me exactly where to go in Joomla 3 backend to edit the text of the carousel caption on the front page of http://www.bctfn.org? So, I can just quickly type the new text and move on?

I would be very grateful….bctfn.org is a charity website…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    Its a Custom Html module .
    You can Find it in Joomla admin panel Extension>> Module Manager >> Slideshow (May be name different on your site) .
    Please set the default Editor to None from System>> Global config. before editing this module .
    Code will be like this :

<div class="carousel-caption">
    <h2>Ploenchit Fair 2014</h2>
    <p>29 November 2014 - Bangkok Patana School - 10am</p>
    </div>

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello
    You can Find it in Joomla admin panel Extension>> Module Manager >> Slideshow (May be name different on your site) .
    Please set the default Editor to None from System>> Global config. before editing this module .
    Code will be like this :

</div>

paul10500 Friend

<em>@pankajsharma 476501 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello
    Code will be like this :

</div>

</blockquote>

Hi pankajsharma, thanks for taking the time. For my sins I was searching for a Module with the name Custom, not a custom module named slideshow, which is much more logical!

Anyway, the text changes have been made so thank you very much….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum