Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Other question….

I want to use portfolio layout and i need to modify it, but i want to keep default portfolio layout too.

I want to modify portfolio_item.php, so i was thinking to clone “all the porfolio layout files” and rename it to something else.

I tried this: Copy and rename.
    – in con_content: portfolio.php to portfolio2.php
    portfolio_item.php to portfolio2_item.php
    portfolio.xml to portfolio2.xml
    -in tpls portfolio.php to portfolio2.php

less file is the same, i can add few classes is not needed to duplicate.

now in com_content…. portfolio.xml changed title from “xlayout – Portfolio” to ” my – portfolio”
    changed: “_:portfolio” to “_portfolio2”

and what’s next ? I don’t understand how portfolio_item file is loaded…… because i want to duplicate the entry layout not just to duplicate a style.

adi8i Friend

I will search few articles how to override…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi the tge screenshot you added in your thread is uber template . That is paid template .
    upgrade your membership for this .
    + if you want limited customization help . Upgrade yoyr membership , without it we can not provide you custom work support .
    Here is tutorial to override Joomla content.
    hope its clear now.
    Note : do not add multiple problems in a single thread . Open a new thread for a new problem.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 9 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum