Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello just wondering if there are any quickstart instructions on this site… there are quickstart packages… but.. am I missing something..

Miccas gave me some general instructions last week but i did not save them unfortunately..

Could you please point me in the right direction…. I would like to have my new site configured as you see it in the demo…

Nothing too specific … once you upload the files what is the /yoursite/file that you go to to start the configuration..

is it ../installation/index.php

Can I just drop it in and it will configure the php5 I have automatically?

kashxo Friend

Here is a short guide for you. Please follow my steps:

1. Firstly, please upload quickstart package to your site. Then login to your cpanel and using File Manager to extract it. If you don’t have extract function, please extract quickstart package at your local machine then upload them to your host using FTP or SSH

2. Open your web browser, type in your url to the folder you’ve just upload (or extract) quickstart files. The installation interface should appears automatically.

3. Follow installation instruction as normal Joomla! install. For Joomla! 1.0.x, please check on the box “Install Sample Data”. In Joomla! 1.5.x, please click on button “Install Sample Data” and wait until it said Successful.

4. Go to your Joomla! folder at your host, rename or delete folder name “Installation”.

5. Finished. Now you can view your site by type in your url. The page should appears exactly same as demo page.

TomC Moderator

<em>@kindkitchen 48594 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello just wondering if there are any quickstart instructions on this site… there are quickstart packages… but.. am I missing something..
    </blockquote>

Umm, they’re pretty much found within most template sections – such as [url=http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/quick-start-installation-guide/

😉

ellie_t Friend

just wondering. did you get this worked out. i had a similar issue and don’t want to go into it unless necessary.

thanks.

TomC Moderator

<em>@ellie_t 48761 wrote:</em><blockquote>just wondering. did you get this worked out. i had a similar issue and don’t want to go into it unless necessary.

thanks.</blockquote>
    Did you not see the post just above yours ??

:confused:

ellie_t Friend

Yes, I did. But because she mentioned :
    “once you upload the files what is the /yoursite/file that you go to to start the configuration..
    is it ../installation/index.php “
    indicated to me that she was not seeing the standard pre-installation screen but just her directory listing.
    At least that’s what I was thinking might be the real problem, which means that she is probably missing some files. That’s all. Your post is great, just wanted to share my experience if it was more than just a case of not knowing how to do a general installation. And she never replied and said that was it…so, thought maybe I I could help too, my bad.

kindkitchen Friend

Put this on hold.. while I was working on another site..

just trying it now.. uninsalled everything.. and I will go through the steps now..

When refering to the ../installation/index.php location I was just looking at another Joomla straight install.. which I did from the dreamhost one click install function.

ok back to it..

kindkitchen Friend

As I am waiting for my installation directory to be deleted.. and crossing my fingers on having the template look as it does in the demo..

As a quickstart first timer I did the following and noticed the following blips as I followed the directions.. and will run through the steps I took:

1. Downloaded the quickstart folder..
    2. I unzipped it.
    3. Then I unzipped the zipped files inside the folder then uploaded the folder and its contents to my root site.
    4. After the upload was complete I went to my root URL and saw this:
    5. So I clicked through to to the quickstart folder and the installation began..
    6. All was good until I went to the root url and got the index list as pictured above again..
    7. So I moved the contents of the quickstart folder to the root folder.. all was fixed..
    8. It looks exactly like the demo by the way and I am very impressed..

So I would change the directions a little for newbies .. unless I misunderstood a step..

1. Unpack the downloaded zip file. You will now see a folder containing zip files
    2. unzip all the files
    3. The zipped files you have just unpacked will contain a quickstart folder (not to be confused with the main folder which is also called quickstart)
    4. FTP the contents of the internal quickstart folder to your root directory..
    5. next FTP the remaining unzipped folders to the root directory
    6. once the upload is complete log into your root url and begin the joomla installation process

you can see the install at http://www.bangladesh-animal-care.org .. now to make it my own 🙂

comments?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kindkitchen 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum