Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

i actually had another quickstart install up after much grief— was barite joomla 1.5.7… i deleted it when i had issue’s getting virtuemart installed; and i installed a brand new mesolite quickstart which was version 1.5.8 and now i am unable to go through the install process…

i am getting stuck on step 1. –Instead of saying welcome to joomla … it say’s ” page_title ” and the next link/ button doesnt work…

frustrated beyond belief— had earlier issue’s monday and tuesday with a joomla 1.5.9 quickstart which i originally tried to install….

http://www.buywikagauges.com

someone please help
    thanks
    trey

sfpkent Friend

Hi,

There must be a file missing during you uploaded the files to your server, try upload again the “Installation” folder.

anisjolly Friend

yup as sfpkent says – delete all of the files and folders associated with the joomla quickstart and re-upload it.

That should fix your problem.

🙂

treybraid Friend

i have done that and it does nothing… i initially had the joomla 1.5.9 barite quickstart ftp’d the first 3 days this week and i bet i deleted and ftp’d the file’s a half dozen time’s with zero success… and on the hunch i put up the barite 1.5.7 and it worked— then i deleted that and put up mesolite 1.5.8 since it had virtuemart packaged and here i am…

there has got to me something else going on… possible problem due to the version’s… i will start and delete the folders again… i deleted the installation folder in the middle of the night and re ftp’d and still nothing…

i am at my wit’s end…at this point…
    help

trey

mj1256 Friend

whats folder are you uploading it to on the server.

I found some people were uploading and installing on the www directory and not the public_html folder

ShannonN Friend

treybraid;107766i have done that and it does nothing… i initially had the joomla 1.5.9 barite quickstart ftp’d the first 3 days this week and i bet i deleted and ftp’d the file’s a half dozen time’s with zero success… and on the hunch i put up the barite 1.5.7 and it worked— then i deleted that and put up mesolite 1.5.8 since it had virtuemart packaged and here i am…

there has got to me something else going on… possible problem due to the version’s… i will start and delete the folders again… i deleted the installation folder in the middle of the night and re ftp’d and still nothing…

i am at my wit’s end…at this point…
    help

trey

Sounds really frustrating! To ensure the folders and the cac he is cleared is it possible to get the hosting support to tatally wipe the existing folder structure and reset to the bare hosting setup ( if you no other stuff there)?

That way we know we have a totally clean slate and can eliminate any folder/file conflicts. I’m wondering if there is a htaccess file or config file left over from previous install? that’s preventing the install from proceeding?

sorry I cannot offer more it’s late here I’m tired and I would only be guessing past what I have mentioned
    I hope you can solve this, looking fwd to seeing your completed site
    Cheers ShannonN

treybraid Friend

i went in and wiped everything clean–couldnt get rid of 3 folders; so, i renamed them completely… i think there is something else going on cause joomla 1.5.8 and 1.5.9 are the versions with issue’s right now getting installed—as i said the quickstart 1.5.7 version when up fine…

the file’s were deleted from the plesk control panel… i have gone in again and deleted the installation folder and ftp’d a replacement— i just went and compared the file’s and folders and i see nothing skipped… i am about to delete the administration and library folders and re ftp them momentarily…

trey

treybraid Friend

i dont know if this matters… i just pulled up explorer to see if i could run through the install process and this is the error it is giving me:

LINE: 18
    CHAR: 4
    ERROR: Window is undefined
    CODE: 0
    url: http://www.buywikagauges.com/installation/index.php

LINE: 87
    CHAR: 3
    ERROR: Object expected
    CODE: 0
    url: http://www.buywikagauges.com/installation/index.php

WEIRD AS HELL…ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA’S WHAT ELSE MIGHT BE HAPPENING….

treybraid Friend

i have gone in and deleted all the folders… once again nothing…. what in the heck could be going on….i have never had so much of a hastle getting an install to work

this is beyond frustration at this point…

anisjolly Friend

i’d recommend getting one of the admin’s attention.

get in touch with MiCCAS or JA Developer – they tend to help out with situations like this.

treybraid Friend

yea i have posted a support ticket; but, there is a 12 hour delay…
    *************************************************************************************
    update to what i just did— will post results later… i deleted the install completely…in it’s place i found an old quickstart of mesolite from last summer: 1.5.5 — i then applied the patch for 1.5.6 and then another patch for 1.5.7 ( along with 3 column patch ) which i am uploading right now… if this works then the server is having an issue with 1.5.8 and 1.5.9— though i need to know cause i have 2 other site’s out there on this server that i do need to update soon..

anyone have any idea’s why the 1.5.8 or 1.5.9 versions arent working?

thanks
    trey

treybraid Friend

nothing has worked — i cant begin to tell you how many time’s i have deleted folders and file’s and ftp’d them again…. nothing work’s…

:confused: beyond belief at this point… i have never experience an install this screwed up… i am to the point of slitting my wrist’s….

:eek:here is the url again for you to see: http://www.buywikagauges.com/installation/index.php and it is a dead page/ link

what could be going on here… i am at a loss for words— i bet i have installed at the least 10 separate x’s this week…
    someone please help…

trey

mj1256 Friend

I don’t remember seeing this all jumbled up before
    this is wrong
    PICKYOURCHOICEOFLANGS

I don’t remember seeing this at the bottom where it says Joomla! ISFREESOFTWARE is wrong and there is no page title

where did you get these copies of the quickstart, could these be bootleg copies?

Also when I just checked, there was a page that said installation removed but if the installation was removed, there would be nothing showing except the directory structure

treybraid Friend

no they arent…. i havent a clue as to what is going on… i just finsihed uploading again and same thing… this was the quickstart 1.5.9 version… im at a loss as to what the heck is going on… im going to download the quickstart again and see if replacing the folders works…

i dont know what else to do… i ftp’d the file’s— i did 2 to 3 folders at a time and had no timeout’s…

trey

treybraid Friend

just downloaded quickstart again and i am going to delete the file’s again… and start the install process —the thing that sux is it will take another 2+hrs…

thanks
    trey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ShannonN 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum