Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I’ve been reading a lot here the last few days..more than I ever wanted to!
    There are numerous reports about some major problems.

The tutorials are great, but when you suggest : ” Making a New Site ? – If you are planning to make a new site, then use our Quickstart package to clone the demo site and replace the demo content with yours.” then it would be nice to provide your paying users with a functioning updated version of the
    software !!

I can’t install any of the quickstart packages on either my localhost or on my Bluehost account.
    Now Bluehost is a popular and widely used hosting company, so I can trust that they have their
    equipment configured properly for a wide variety of requirements.

I have club memberships at 4 different Joomla template providers, and while I have to admit that I like your designs best by a wide margin, I have had no trouble with the software of any of the other providers, not on Bluehost, not on my localhost…. but Joomlart templates have turned out to be a major headache.
    JA Methys, JA Teline IV and JA Minisite. I have been unable to properly install any of the quickstarts.

As an end user, I’m not going to try to meddle with any code and try to do what some much more knowledgeable members here suggest modifying, and even if I knew what I should do: it’s still on Joomlart to provide a properly functioning version of their products – because that’s what I’m paying the annual membership fee for!

very disappointed so far!

Phill Moderator

You are saying you are having problems but you are not telling us exactly what those problems are. What issues are you having?

jeffr217 Friend

I was in the same boat as you, joomted. I had tried to install the Methys quickstart almost a dozen times different ways, spent hours trying to set the right permissions and working with my hosting service. Every time after installation I would receive a 404 error and couldn’t log into the back end either.

I finally read the quickstart installation guide that basically says you MUST install the sample data. As soon as I did that, everything worked. So, I guess if you want to use the quickstart, you can’t do a clean installation — you must install the sample data. Hope that helps!

TomC Moderator

I didn’t realize that installing sample data was a “requirement” for utilizing the quickstart packages … that’s an interesting issue worthy of follow-up with the JA Dev Team for sure. Nevertheless, glad you finally got things rolling along.

In my opinion, the sample data is a great “roadmap” for getting started with a new template (assuming one was attracted to the demo version in the first place) – and disabling/deleting/replacing the sample articles and images is generally not much of a hassle.

jeffr217 Friend

Agreed. I was going to migrate data from another site so I thought a “clean” installation would be better. But in general, the sample data is the best way to start with a new template in my opinion. Thanks for considering this issue. It’d be cool if a clean installation from the quickstart became a viable option.

I did notice that the none of the modules or plugins get installed without the sample data. I would figure the quickstart should install everything but content (articles, categories, menu items).

TomC Moderator

Actually, the quickstart packages/installations – with the sample data – includes ALL of the sample data … INCLUDING content … that you see in the demo version.

EXCEPT … as I recently was educated of … the JA Methys sample data DOES NOT include the actual images you see in the demos, but image placeholders. As was explained to me, this has to do with licensing fee costs to JoomlART for multiple use of these images – even in sample-data.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum