Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Any reason why support tickets are ignored?

Have you had a look Phil?

Phill Moderator

I really will need an ftp account on this. Extplorer messes up files by adding its own garbage in there when you save a file. It also makes working on things a lot faster for me. Or we can do as per below.

Do you use akeeba backup? If yes (or even if no, install it) please could you run a backup of your working site and I will download the backup and make an install of your live site on my local machine so I can try upgrading etc for myself. If all goes well I can create a backup and return it to you.

As for the ticket system, please could you give me your ticket number and I will ask the questions.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil your help is very much appreciated, I hope you get paid for this work whilst the support people seem to be ignoring me!

Ticket TOB-838-91177

Just had a quick look at Akeeba do I just need the “core” version or should I have the free one to do what you need? Worn out now as we have been on a Quad tour today (another business of mine) so its shower and bed for me!:laugh:

Let me know what you prefer backup or FTP and PM me an email address so I can send the files by Filemail….

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

Just use the free version. Install it and run a backup. When you have the backup in place PM me a link to the file it creates (it includes the databse and everything else needed) and I shall save it to my machine. I will then have a copy of your entire site running on my local machine. Please do that on your live working site so I can try and apply the updates on my local machine to test.

Have a good rest. Only ever riden quads in Egypt on no wind days which are rare. Otherwise I prefer to be on the water. Great fun but if you ever ride out there prepare to have your clothes ruined by dust. Quite funny when you see people head out with no eyeware on though.

kairey Friend

We go to Sharm el Sheikh every year, not as good as the rides we take people on :laugh:

I don’t live far from Tarifa in Spain, have you ever been there?

Working on the Akeeba backup now….

Support are still been useless…..no answer to the ticket

Phill Moderator

Never been to Sharm other than the airport. Tarifa is great and one of the windiest places I have ever been. The windsurfing there really is something special.

Drop me a mail when you have the backup done. I have quite a bit on today with my day job so I will not be able to look until I get home this evening and have got the kids sorted.

kairey Friend

Had a look at my support ticket this morning and nobody has answered it, plus it has been closed!!!!

As far as I am aware I have 1 year of support, tell me if I am wrong?

Phill Moderator

Did you get my PM?

I have upgraded your site om my test machine locally and all appears fine bar a few tiny things. Just wanted to check to see if there were any custom modifications you had and if so I can re-apply them then send you back the .jpa archive so you can restore the upgraded site.

Not sure what happened to your ticket as I cannot acces it from here (firewall). Sometimes they get closed by mistake or they simply time out. Hopefully the above will fix your problems.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil PM sent did you have to do anything to get those category pages working? I did the upgrades twice and always had the same issue….

Got another project now and fancy the new Travel template hope that’s okay 😉

Phill Moderator

Nope, did nothing.

Just a guess but when you mad your copy of the site did you just copy the database and copy the files? If that was the case then you would also have needed to edit the configuration.php file accordingly for everything to work. Akeeba does all that during setup so maybe that is why things are working OK for me. I have tested every page no problems at all.

I will adjust the logo then send you a link to the jpa I create.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil any luck I have some new boats to add to the web site?

Phill Moderator

Yep, the jpa is uploading now but due to crap broadband it will take a little time. You will need to re-apply some of your custom css changes but it is all working as expected.

kairey Friend

Wow I thought my internet was rubbish yours must be even worse!

I guess I just upload this into the Akeeba directory and use the component to extract it?

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

I’ve given up trying from the office here. 3hours in and only 26% complete. I’ll do it from home in an hour or so and it will probably take under 5 minutes.

kairey Friend

LMAO where do you work in a coal mine!

No problem let me know when you have it done, support ticket still never been answered….

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

This topic contains 65 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum