Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Difficult one that. I think they really are getting there with the J1.6 stuff and with the imminent change to 1.7 it is probably best to build your new sites based with that in mind. If Joomla.org are to be believed then the change to J1.7 will be a very simple one.

As for problems all template clubs are building ever more complex templates. As the complexity increases the likelyhood of problems will do also but by using an engine like JAT3 hopefully these can be kept to a minimum as most of the work is not done by the template itself. Only time will tell.

kairey Friend

I’ll keep plodding on, I did wonder about jumping ship to Drupal or WordPress but would rather stick with what I know! 🙂

I would be happy to test upgrades and find faults in templates prior to their release, I just get a little annoyed when things don’t work when you have paid for the privilege of a better service, rather than using free stuff.

Hopefully the bug report will be sorted soon for the mega menu, then I think we are 100%, oh apart from my other post regarding errors been displayed in the front end 🙂

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

Which other post was that Kevin? I cannot see it at the moment.

kairey Friend
    kairey Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 247477 wrote:</em><blockquote>This does appear to be a bug. I will report and get back to you.

http://www.medboat.com/

“I think I have been through everything and every page, however I have a strange behaviour with the mega menu….

What happens when you go to Other Services > Boating Bookstore ?

It doesn’t seem to be popping out properly?”</blockquote>

Any news on that bug report Phil?

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

I will chase again. Hopefully the devs will get a chance to look.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil, is there still no news on this Mega Menu issue?

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

I will ask again. I’ve not heard anything.

kairey Friend

Sounds like you are having as much luck as me with them, thank god for you that’s all I can say!

Posted another problem in the forum and bug report, early days but nada…..

KEVIN

kairey Friend

Hi Phil getting a bit ridiculous these bug fixes, any news on this menu problem yet?

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

I have raised the issue once again. Sorry it is taking so long.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil

Sorry to bother you about this again, but I thought I would upgrade to 1.7 and have also updated all JA components, modules, plugins and the template. I thought this issue with the Mega Menu would have been sold but it still hasn’t, can you have a word?

Also everything is okay with the upgrade except the message Joomla 1.6 wird benötigt! appearing on the pages, tried searching and will continue to do so tonight but can’t find a solution to this?

KEVIN

Phill Moderator

I’ll give it one more go with the devs.

Phill Moderator

Could you do us a favour and switch back your menu items so we can see the problem? The JA Bug team are ready to work on it as soon as they can see the problem with the menu you were having.

kairey Friend

Hi Phil

I have switched the menu back at http://www.medboat.com

Go to the “Other Services” > “Boating Bookstore” and try and select the 2nd or 3rd item on the menu.

The menu doesn’t seem to throw out like it does under “Polaris Flying Rib” > “FIB Specification” on this it works perfectly?

Hope they can look quickly as I don’t want to leave it like this for too long! 🙂

KEVIN

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

This topic contains 65 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  chavan 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum