Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

I notice that each time I place a ‘read more’ in an article it appears to intoduce a gap in the article once you click and view the full article -Is there any way to avoid this? Thanks for any help.

questbg Friend

Hi mallman

In the Article Editor, click the HTML tab and check the code near the readmore, if there are any extra <p> commands, take them out and Update. See if that works.

mallman Friend

I looked at the html as suggested: and cut out the red tags but to no avail. Thank you for your help.
    <h5><font style=”border-style: none; background-position: center” color=”#60a0d2″>Writer and critic Hugh Adams talks about collecting and Outsider art </font></h5><p>Text before. </p><hr id=”system-readmore” /><p>Text After<br /> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

mallman Friend

I looked at the html as suggested: and cut out the red tags but to no avail. Thank you for your help.
    <h5><font style=”border-style: none; background-position: center” color=”#60a0d2″>Writer and critic Hugh Adams talks about collecting and Outsider art </font></h5><p>Text before. </p><hr id=”system-readmore” /><p>Text After<br /> </p><p> </p><p> </p>

scotty Friend

mallman;110571I looked at the html as suggested: and cut out the red tags but to no avail. Thank you for your help.

When you delete the first </p> above Joomla will add it in again as soon as you switch out of HTML mode. This is a feature to keep code clean.

mallman Friend

OK so what do I need to do exactly. Is this a problem I will encounter each time I break up a article?
    Thanks Martin

scotty Friend

<p>Text before. </p><hr id=”system-readmore” /><p>Text After<br /> </p>

Delete all of the red ones.

mallman Friend

Thanks Scotty -I can see it makes sense to strip the matching pairs. It seems a bit of hassle to do this each time I do an article.

scotty Friend

Well to be honest I think most web devs would prefer it the way it is. It looks better IMO.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum