Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am new to Joomla but do have a lot of experience in working in the web development field.

I have recently starting testing some of the templates, mainly Teline III. Are there any recommended fundamentals that would make a template like this better? What I mean is, I see a plugin for Community Builder on Joomla and it seems to have good feedback. Are there other plugins that work well with Joomlart templates that I should really consider employing from the start?

adosoa Friend

<em>@dutton 170357 wrote:</em><blockquote>I am new to Joomla but do have a lot of experience in working in the web development field.

I have recently starting testing some of the templates, mainly Teline III. Are there any recommended fundamentals that would make a template like this better? What I mean is, I see a plugin for Community Builder on Joomla and it seems to have good feedback. Are there other plugins that work well with Joomlart templates that I should really consider employing from the start?</blockquote>
    yes it does, for example KUNENA ( forum platform) ,PHOOCA galery ( images)

i thinks this i FUNDEMENTAL for joomla, pickd by editors http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/featured

cjmicro Friend

I think there was a thread awhile back with a lot of recommendations for favorites. You can do a search,but not sure what the title was!!

I always install
    joomla extplorer (filemanager)
    joomlapack (backup)
    jce editor (i like it better than standard)
    usually: phocagallery, chronoforms, jcal pro or jevents, acajoom, community builder (if these features are needed)

Those are the joomla add ons I usually use.

As far as templates, if you pick one you like try using the quickstart, as it has all the modules and features you see in the demo! Very helpful!

Good luck!

Cheryl

rbellefond Friend

Thanks for your post. I am also new to this and was wondering the same thing.

questbg Friend

I pretty much agree with the above…

Kunena if a forum is required
    JoomlaPack for easy backup and restore
    JCE editor (Tiny MCE is rubbish)
    Joom Suite Member and User for pay to view content and subscriptions.
    JoomlaWatch so you can watch visitors on your site live and what they’re doing
    SimpleCaddy for a very simple e-commerce solution
    JoomFish for multiple languages

Other than this, I would highly recommend using Firebug for spotting problems in the code, etc.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  questbg 14 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum