Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to know what the recommended template width is I have completed my site and have noticed that on some users screens 1024 x 768 the site doesnt fit correctly.

Is their a recommended width?

Please check the site and let me know your thoughts: http://c2conline.com.au

Appreciate your thoughts

pritam Friend

Hello deanandeva,

You can check and fit your template width through your template .

goto admin login ->Extensions -> Template manager->JA_BUSINESS->Profile->Global Settings->Template width ->scroll down and choose – specified . Here you can check your template width as per your requirement.

Dean Howarth Friend

Thanks I know how to adjust it just wasnt sure what is preferred for monitors which are 1024 x 768, I think I found it to be 960px ?

TomC Moderator

I have found that, these days, the “preferred” website width is anywhere between 960px and 1010px or so.

I believe you are correct, though, that MOST contemporary internet users have their resolution settings a bit higher than days of old . . . . well, most internet users under the age of 70, anyway. 😉 I don’t think you want to go any higher than 1010px, though (maybe not more than 1000px) – because even with screen resolutions at 1024px, that will only leave 10px or so on either side of the borders of the site.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum